Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those with multiple festivas or cars..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those with multiple festivas or cars..

What do you guys do for insurance? Right now we have the Aspire, Festiva, Corolla (leaving soon), Escape, F150(leaving soon), the 5th wheel(hoping an act of god occurs). I bet we spend around 1800-2000 for everything for a year, that number will go down to around 1200 just with the three but grief that's a killer. I'd hate to see what those with 5-6 festiva's are like, I guess if your older it helps us getting married and over 25 cut the insurance in half.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

your complaining. in west virginia the car insurance is outrageous. i pay 2880.00 a year for a festiva w/libility,89 ford f250 w/libility and a 05 focus w/full coverage. i am 23 and married. no tickets or accidents.

Comment

I have an insurance called brod operators. It allows me to drive any car and be insured. And they also have plans that you can add family members for not much more a month.
      I pay 70 dollars a month.
      That is with no speeding tickets, or accidents (knock on wood:?)

Mike
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
      First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

I pay 74.00 for 2 Festivas.. none of the others are street legal yet..

Comment

I'm old, and married,(practically dead) several vehicles, freshtiva is primary vehicle, less then $350/yr others are cheaper, around $100/yr. that's all basic liability. No claims in last ten years, same insurance co. No driving violations have been caught.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I use geico. I pay 1600 for the porsche and 400 for the festiva a year (2000$ total)...
            Ian Carr
            88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
            99' S70 T5M- faster DD
            86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

i pay $160 a month for liability, thats after good student and defensive driver course discounts
              -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

:wink: Give USAA a call. (Don't know phone # off hand) I think I pay only $300 a year for liability on my Bosstiva. But then I'm 44 as well and it's a 3d car discount. Still give USAA a call they beat all the others hands down for my wife and I. 8) I'm in Kansas so those who live on the Kansas side of KC may want to check it out. Cant speak for Misery though. :lol:
                Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

Wow, its sure is interesting how insurance rates vary. I pay $91 a month for My new Explorer, Suzuki X90, 93 Cobra mustang, 93 lightning all full coverage and liability on my Festiva. I have a clean driving record and I am 42. My other Festiva is not on the road so its not insured.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Age, location, driving record, all affect the rates.
                    I pay 74.00 for 2 Festivas.. none of the others are street legal yet..
                    I'm surprised being in Harris county, it was the highest in the nation at one time.
                    Here we pay, about $600 a year for three cars, the Aspire is listed as a third car, it cost $12 extra a year for it. We have AAA.
                    97 Ford Aspire 2dr 5 sp
                    92 Isuzu Impulse 1.8 5 sp 140HP, handling by Lotus, balls by Isuzu.
                    95 Mitsubishi Expo 2.4
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...64/xsext2a.jpg

Comment

that's 74 a month..

Comment

Oh boo hoo... I'll be paying $3000 a year to insure a Festiva and an RX-7 soon.
                        * Retired Festiva-er*
                        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I am 21 have 2 points, and few stupid tickets. I pay $160 for 6 months liability only with state farm.... not so bad is it now Also 2001 hyundai accent liability only $260 for six months.... im happy.

Comment

Lets see... 04 Mustang w/ partial coverage (liability, animal collision, glass), 88 Festiva w/ liability only, and an 02 Focus wagon w/ full, I pay $3000 a year. The Focus will be gone soon, belongs to the ex....

separate policies... 64 1/2 Mustang = $153 year
                            02 Yamaha V-Star 1100 = $147 year

no points, one accident 2 years ago, only one in 12 years
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

With insurance you can just compare 2 policies prices with looking at how much they insure. For example two identical people in the same town could have liability only insurance from the same insurance company on identical vehicles, but pay different premiums, because one person's insurance policy only pays $25,000 if you die while the other pays $100,000. That's a big difference.
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X