Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and my brother went to look at a XR2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my brother went to look at a XR2.

Well today my brother found a guy wanting to sell his XR2 for 4500. Seeing as either of us didnt have any cash the guy asked my brother if he had anything to trade so my brother threw up his impreza. Guy was interested so we all met up and talked about the cars and what not. My brothers impreza has a slight lifter tick now and the guy pretty much acted like it was going to blow up or something. The XR2 was in cherry shape but I did notice as he pulled up the smell of oil, of course this "kid" was clearly still in high school and didnt know anything about anything when it comes to cars and what not anyways, after he made that comment about being scared of the engine blowing up my brother pretty much desided he didnt want to deal with this guy. What really got to me was him pulling out of the parking lot like his B6T had alot going for it. Im not sure how well the car pulled but from the looks of it, it didnt have really any pull to it. Maybe the B6T is diffrent in a festiva but in a stock XR2 they dont appear to have any real balls I guess you could say. From what I could tell my old low compression BP would of smashed that thing. I dont know I just hate when people are told what is wrong with a car or engine and then when they hear or see it and they act like the world is going to fall on their head. personally if the impreza was mine I would trade it for a XR2 but thats my brothers call. What killed me the most is the guy said that there was only 30,000 XR2's made and he also added that they are super rare. Seriously if they are that rare I wouldnt have seen 3 of them in this past year.

-End of rant
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

I saw 4500 and thought you meant 450...
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

30,000 white ones one year maybe. Oh well no loss. You don't love your ride that much if you are willing to trade for the first thing that pulls up into a burger king lot, or wherever you guys met
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

lol i was getting ready to tell the guy that if they were to trade that his dear XR2 would have been murdered and sacrificed for a festiva but I didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I saw 4500 and thought you meant 450...

X2
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Nope he wanted 4,500 dollars.

Comment

Cool cars for what they are but I'd rather go for a rwd miata, and I'd never pay 4500 for one of those either.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

The Capri XR2 is a relatively heavy car for its size: Consumer Guide Automotive claims 2,432 lb. dry curb weight w/132 HP B6-turbo engine == 18.35 lb/hp.

Assuming the B6T engine weighs slightly more than the Festy's stock B3 (I took a guess): The stock Festiva's dry curb weight is 1,797 lb. So let's say it's 1,850 lb. with the B6T transplant. Thus the same 132 HP makes for a 14.01 lb/hp ratio in the Festy transplant; right at a 24% improvement.

FWIW, the same website lists the top worth as no more than $1,900 for an XR2 in outstanding condition.

Links I visited:
                HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.
                Last edited by sam.1956; 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

For that price you should have asked the guy if there was either a stack of $100 bills in the glovebox or a bar of gold under one of the seats
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

i bought one for 600.00 for the turbo engine , axles & tranny & its very clean
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Only a 94 xr2 could be worth remotely that much, and only for the collector value. It'd have to be perfect too.

Maybe rocketmans gtxr2.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Pretty cool story bro..

I think the capri's are pretty rare..I can't recall ever having seen one out on the streets, they are never even for sale around here that I know of. Tbh before this site I didn't even know there was a "capri xr2"..
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                          Pretty cool story bro..
                          yeah, cool starry brah...

sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

AFAIK all capri xr2's were manufactured by Roger at FMS
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

$4500 and im sure greg would fly to your house and install a BP RT for you and take you to Golden Corral afterwards.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X