Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest distance driven for a Festiva gathering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest distance driven for a Festiva gathering.

Who has the record for distance driven (without a convoy or tow truck) to a Festiva gathering in a Festiva?

Fastivaca surely has to be the winner here (or atleast in the top 3)... he drove from Alberta, Canada to Festiva Madness V in Raleigh, NC. Total distance travelled... 10,167km/6100 miles roundtrip.
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

It needs pointed out that Fastivaca and family made a vacation out of it and had many stops along the way to and from FMV. None the less we enjoyed having them and glad they made the trip.n And look forward to seeing them at FMVII.

I think Advancedynamix needs to be recognized for his straight through drive from Meza, AZ to Raleigh, NC and then back, alone.
      5018 miles, purely to attend FMV!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Epic!

Comment

Charlie didnt have a radio either.

HOWEVER

More credit to Ian and his family for having FIVE people (okay 3 were kids but STILL) in a festiva for 6100 miles.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I drove straight through to Ohiostiva which was about 900 miles in one day. Did it again the day after to go home. Isn't as impressive as some of the people on here, but I impressed myself. First roadtrip I did myself.
            -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              It needs pointed out that Fastivaca and family made a vacation out of it and had many stops along the way to and from FMV. None the less we enjoyed having them and glad they made the trip.n And look forward to seeing them at FMVII.

I think Advancedynamix needs to be recognized for his straight through drive from Meza, AZ to Raleigh, NC and then back, alone.
              5018 miles, purely to attend FMV!
              Thanks! It was worth it. Total trip turned out to be 5018 miles. That's including getting lost twice (not to bad though) and all the running around and rides I gave in Raleigh. It also may be worth the mention that the car had less than 200 miles on a fresh b6t swap when I pointed it east and made the trip, it got the fan favorite award at the show too! What a great trip!
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Had we gone to FMV and home by the most direct route our mileage we would have 5500 miles according to google. Our actual mileage for the trip was 6310 (miscalculated on the metric conversion earlier). Had a great time on the trip as a whole and especially enjoyed our time at the meet.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Got to give a shout out to the kids in the back seat, that had to be a long ride.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                    Got to give a shout out to the kids in the back seat, that had to be a long ride.
                    I 2nd that! LOL But they all seemed to be good sports about it!
                    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                    Snoopy's
                    4621 Atlantic Ave
                    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Working...
                    X