what wire should i splice into for my gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what wire should i splice into for my gauges

i am trying to splice in my boost gauge and tach into the dimmer so i do not have bright ass gauges in my face. Theres a yellow wire, red wire, and black. Which one should i splice into? :roll:
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

any one?
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

not sure.... my gauges not hooked up to dimmer and I HATE it because they are sooo freakin bright... I will have to do that as well, as soon as I start putting the car back together... In mean time if you find out let me know or maybe someone else knows...

Comment

well, black'll be ground. have you tried cutting into them a bit and using a multimeter? just splice into the one that's voltage goes down when you manipulate the dimmer switch

Comment

Yeah what he said!! I would guess like radio's red is the switched power or in this case I would bet, the differentiable dimmer wire where as the yellow would be constant power but I could be wrong.. Just test with a multimeter... -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

i tryed runnin my gages off the dimmer but i get weird readings with a meter, maybe its negative control but my gages work but when i move the dimmer nothin happens..

Comment

Working...
            X