KYB Verses Monroe Sensitrac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KYB Verses Monroe Sensitrac

I have to 2 complete brand new sets of struts for the front and rear of my 1995 Aspire. I also have new bearing plates for the front and mounts for the rear.

One set of struts is a combination of KYB Fronts for a Festiva and Aspire rears . The other set is Monroe sensi-trac.

I do not intent to do slolom or anything else other than use it to drive on some winding roads and hilly terrain in the North Western Part of Washngton and perhaps to make a runt hrough a couple of Mountain passes once or twice a year. I do no necessarily enjoy a harsh ride any longer.

Which set should I use. I intent to use a FMS Strut bar on the front. I am currently preping a fully worked B6 engine to replace the B3

cortezit

I have Festy KYBs on the front of my Festiva (with a B6 BTW), and Aspire Monroes on the rear, because they have the higher spring perch than Festy Monroes, which I need for wider tires. Peviously when I had skinny 13s on the Festy, I had the Festy KYBs all around. I preferred the KYBs on the rear, but as I said I had to go with the Monroes. The KYBs gave a firmer but not harsh ride, IMO. Side-by-side comparison shows that the KYB has a thicker shaft than the Monroe, FWIW.

To answer your question, it depends on what kinda driving you plan to do. My 95 Aspire has new Monroes all around, and I am happy with them; but I don't drive the Aspire like a sports car (much). If you plan on sportier driving, I'd say go with the KYBs on the front, and get by with the Monroes on the rear.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It is befitting that another Tom should answer this particular question. Many thanks. I am 69 years old but still "drive 'em like I stole' 'em"

Tom in Poulsbo Washington

Comment

Go with KYBs Monroes are nothing but junk on anything I have ever put them on.
        1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Working...
        X