New member intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member intro

Hello, my name is mike and I drive a Festiva. lol Really though I'm Mike Holmgren from TRF, MN(77 miles from Canada). (Before anyone asks, no, not the same as the football coach ) I own a 1989 Ford Festiva L 4speed. White with red stripe. 111,xxx miles, and still starts everytime. I came to this forum through google, saw there was a community for these "Festivals on wheels" so figured I'd join to learn.
    The car was my first car the day I turned 16. Originaly owned by my Great Grandma. Just changed front pads and I'm quite certain that they were original equipment. <---btw that was the most difficult brake job I've ever done, in my life
    I am a fairly experienced mech, and auto body tech. I want to spruce up the interior and exterior but I don't to much care about "vroom-vroom" lol. Alot of you guys on here are extremly talented and a good group all in all.
    So heres to new ideas!
    Also being new to this side of things, where do the body kits come from? lol
    Oh one more thing, everyone in town knows me by this car, I'm 6'6" so I get all the "How do you get in there" jokes.
    *MODS* I know this isn't technically car related and if this needs to be moved please do so as to not cause any trouble.
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Welcome to the site. You will find a great group of people here.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Welcome bro!!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!!
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Welcome to the site. It's nice to meet a legend in Wisconsin.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome!

Stock body kits are rare and expensive! Most make their own from other cars Contour sport, capri, anything else at the junk yard.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Welcome to the Festiva world, A
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

At LEAST throw a B6 and aspire brakes in there if you can afford to. It will make the car more fun even though it still isn't 'powerful.'

Also, the white ones look sweet with a black grill, black bumpers, and black wheels. (even better if you have nice center caps and/ or chrome lugs.)
                  1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                  Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                  daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                  A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Thanks everyone. I figured as much on the body kits but I figured I'd ask, just to see. Lol. After doing a bunch of reading on here, I am contemplating the Aspire brakes. My main focus is to start little things outside and do some comfort things to the interior. It's still alot to take in though, never in a million years figured there would be a forum like this. I never would have imagined people would do anything to these cars. Now that I learned some of the things you can do with them it brought back the Festival spark from 4 years ago lol. Yeah I've been thinking I might repaint the whole thing, we have a tech school in town and you can have it done for cost of materiels. One more improtant question, where do you find an air filter?
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                      <---btw that was the most difficult brake job I've ever done, in my life
                      Thats odd, should be a breeze. Welcome to the site !!
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

This was the Festiva that I built a few years back... Still regret selling that car.

The bodykit and hood, euro headlights, tail lights, etc. all came from Festiva Motorsport. They are an outfit in MD. Parts can be found on EBay fairly often. You can give Roger a call at (410) 381-4660. His hours are 10-6 M-F. If he doesn't answer, I normally just try calling back later until I actually get ahold of Roger.

It's been said that he's not having the fiberglass kits produced anymore... But, then I've heard people who HAVE got parts since then too.

Anyways - Besides FMS, as was said above... Junkyard parts are the other option. There are lots of posts throughout the forum about adapting bumpers from other cars.

I've seen a couple kits come up in the FS section recently... But I believe most of them have already been grabbed.

Welcome to the site.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yup what Simon said about the body kits lol

Welcome to the addiction

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

@damkid Well then that was the most hardcore breeze I've encountered lol. I think most of my problems came from the fact that the brakes are more than likely just as old as the car. @Simon That thing is b-e-a-utiful! Thanks for pointing me towards that, I'll have to give a call when I get the chance. Say I see everybody with the little box/console under the heater controls, was that standard equipment(I'm not talking about a full length console but just the "catch-all" thing? My '89 L doesn't have such a thing just kinda wondering. Once again thanks everyone for the warm welcome and I look forward to contributing/asking many questions!
                            Mike Holmgren
                            Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

I've got some of those "catch-all"(s) if you'd like to upgrade. I can't believe what damkid said about the brake jobs ??
                              Last edited by freshtiva; 10-29-2011, 11:29 PM.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X