question about a headlight?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about a headlight?????

ok so we all know my festy failed inspection an the headlight was part of it .............sooo i pulled the assembly removed all the RTV that had been put in by the PO to hold in what i find is the wrong light for the car ...so fine ....now i think there are parts missing an i am not sure what htey are does anyone have a pic of the rear of a headlight assembly so i can see what peices i may need to track down .....all there was on it is a black plastic ring theat twists into place is there anything else like a spring or boot or somthing because it jus seems to me that there is more to it ........thanks for any help you can give an pics ..Matt
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

nope, just the ring to hold the bulb in.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've got a couple of spare ones. You can have one of them if you can't find it locally.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

so the black twist ring is all there is .........man i cannot figure out why the guy didnt just put a factory light back in it then........my drivers side light isnt the correct replacement bulb an it had been sealed in with RTV ( 20 mins of scrape tug an pull to get it out ) so i guess i will see about getting the right bulb for it then ..

i feel kinda stupid cuzz i never looked when i bought the car i just checked that all lights were working an that it wasnt leaking fluids ...thanks guys sorry to ask so many silly questions
        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

in my opinion, no question is a silly question. You ask so you can learn. Knowledge is power....

Comment

Working...
          X