Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it should be international check your rad fan fuse day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it should be international check your rad fan fuse day!

this is the reason my rad blew up sitting in traffic on tue. so everyone do yourself a favor and check your fan fuse today
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Lol good info, in my mazda i've got 2 fans, i thought one was for a/c and the other was for the coolant radiator, but both are mounted on the coolant radiator..? I've been having an issue with leaking water, and I put about 3/4ths a gallon in every 3-4 days, i just don't have time to fix the real issue yet. (Something on the passenger side of eng probably water pump/seal) But, i noticed when it runs low and gets hot only one fan ever kicks on. I was thinking about jumpering power to the other one so both kick on if it's not normal. Sorry for thread jack, it just reminded me of my issue.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

No apologies bro its all related to cooling issues that become annoying so your not thread jacking I'm just trying to hopefully help someone else avoid my problems
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Zoom Zoom, that's going to get expensive soon, because you can't continue to use, I hope, distiled water. With the weather approaching freezing you need to use a 50/50 water/coolant solution which is going to start to add up at 0.75 a gallon at a time.
        Last edited by Pu241; 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Yea i know, I'm just trying to buy time for another week or two until I can get to the junk yard and get their steering knuckle and water pump if it's not too much of a pita. I figure it's a good time for a flush since there's probably no antifreeze left in there. Is there any chemicals I can use to do a flush and clean it out good? Maybe fully drain the tap water and add distilled water and ..a chemical.. to clean for a week or two then drain and put good stuff in..? I'm not too worried about it either way, I don't plan on keeping this car too long.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-03-2011, 09:57 AM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            ........... Is there any chemicals I can use to do a flush and clean it out good? Maybe fully drain the tap water and add distilled water and ..a chemical.. to clean for a week or two then drain and put good stuff in..? I'm not too worried about it either way, I don't plan on keeping this car too long.
            Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

zoom, taking a risk on a JY water pump isn't worth it, get a NEW unit. they're cheap enough.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X