Got a Piano today...With my Baby Car :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Piano today...With my Baby Car :D

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Festiva's ftw!
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

thats awesome good job how did it tow?

Comment

25 miles, no problem. Got some looks though

I have actually towed much more weight, but the sight....

Comment

Grim's Fairy Tales? Ah, not really.

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          I'd just been reading about road kill deer elsewhere in the forum; and saw this thread's title, thinking the worst.

"Not a damned Steinway?!!!!!" OUCH.

Hey, kudos though; a Fender Rhodes 73 stage model, fits well enough behind the front seats of my '91 Festiva L, that with the back seat unbolted and set diagonally I can sleep on the seat quite comfortably that way with the piano next to me.

I still haven't figured out a way to get the amplifier aboard too, and travel that way; so would probably have to wrap the piano well in a waterproof tarp and use the roof rack. I've already carried a hide-a-bed seven hundred miles that way on the roof, and another trip the same move, a refrigerator along with three sheets of 4' x 8' plywood.

I really want to get a little trailer someday, as with the FMS racing springs and 13" rims the car is amazingly stable with heavy loads, I'll bet would tow great too.* There must be plenty of threads at the site, discussing attachment of a trailer hitch; and/or the sort of trailers which are optimum, or not?

*I'm still a ways from completing the Aspire brake swap, though have all the parts and have already installed the rear axle. I'm totally easy on brakes, though towing I guess I'd really find more stopping power a blessing.
          Last edited by bobstad; 11-04-2011, 02:00 PM.
          '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

When I saw the title, I thought you put the piano IN the Festiva.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

fish and hitches = neanderpaul
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I look at the photo; imagining someone sitting on the edge of the plywood, jamming away rolling down the road.

Might be worth doing over again that way! I could probably manage "Chopsticks" myself; though by the time the thing was at point B, "Heart and Soul" would be passable too. Nice repertory.

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Yeah, a video would be great.

Comment

Way cool scittz!! Satisfying!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                      fish and hitches = neanderpaul
                      8)
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I have been desperately wanting a piano but have had no way to get it........... Can I borrow your setup?!
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          I have been desperately wanting a piano but have had no way to get it........... Can I borrow your setup?!
                          Turns out to be surprisingly easy to do. I was supposed to pick this piano up for scrap, but wifey wants to keep it. " Thing has WAY too many things wrong with it!

However, there is an abundance of free upright piano's on craigslist. I may advertise to move them for cheap.....

Comment

Scitzz, could you recycle pianos? Might want to check into it!

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                              Turns out to be surprisingly easy to do. I was supposed to pick this piano up for scrap, but wifey wants to keep it. " Thing has WAY too many things wrong with it!

However, there is an abundance of free upright piano's on craigslist. I may advertise to move them for cheap.....
                              Details on setup?
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                              X