For you Millenia supercharger gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you Millenia supercharger gurus

Not sure if anyone out there has ever bought a Millenia S IHI twin screw supercharger to mess with, but if you have you'll note they have all manner of proprietary flanges and fittings on them...

So I made this adapter for the outlet:

Allows you connect a 3" intercooler pipe to it

-Rocket
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Now, make a bracket to mount one to a BP.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

This would be fairly difficult to mount to a BP, it would probably work on the hotside of the engine though. A bracket setup is on my list of things to make.

However I'm also working on producing an adapter plenum to run an Eaton M62 on a BP. It will bolt in place of the stock upper plenum, very similar to the way member "Ketchup" made his. Don't think it will work in a Festiva though, due to clearance issues with the strut tower

Rocketchips!

Comment

There was a millennia s they were thinking of tradin in at work but they decided not to.. My wheels were already turnin for the bp
        Tim
        '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
        '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
        '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
        '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
        '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
        '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
        '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
        '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Every cast item you make makes me that much happier to see your R+D... but it makes more and more anxious to buy some B6T parts for my build hahaha!
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

You could try the "NOHC" mod!

"No OverHead Cam"

It features direct air injection into the cylinders by means of a positive displacement blower, totally replaces the head!

Rocketchips!

Comment

somehow I can't see combustion being good for the rotors
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Back when I wanted to B8 swap, my plan was to integrate these "on demand" Toyota superchargers for Friday nights and weekend boost. They're much more compact and would probably be really easy to toss on an SOHC motor whether in a Festiva/323/Capri/etc. They can also be spun backwards... it increases the whine and friction a tad, but they still work clockwise and counter-clockwise.

Similar parts could be made to what you have above here, Matt, and fitting it wouldn't be all that challenging I think assuming the person keeps a half-rad. But now that I've gone B6T... not sure there would be any need for it haha.

Here are some MS Paint schematics I drew up when I was brainstorming with sasquatch and eurotiva. I think this was last summer.

Front mounted SC12/14 with FMIC. Heat shielding and exhaust headers needed.

Front mounted SC12/14 with SMIC/TMIC. Long piping but more space for the supercharger.

Front mounted SC12/14 with water/alky/meth and no IC.

Back mounted SC12/14 with FMIC. Custom IM required.

Back mounted SC12/14 with water/alky/meth and no IC. Custom IM required.

Comment

Could possibly mount it in place of the Alternator, then move the Alternator where the AC is.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                  1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                  2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                  2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I see mentioned the Mercedes KOMPRESSOR s/c... it's an Eaton M62 with a clutch. This would be a great piece, I would not attempt installing on anything smaller than a 1.6L though

Regarding your concern on effeciency: I've read a lot on the bypass mechanisms on the s/c. They create a circuit when there are low-throttle high vacuum conditions so there is very little pumping losses, it's supposed to drastically improve cruising efficiency. (think: recirc valve, open at idle and cruise. Closes when you hit the gas) I plan on incorporating the stock M62 bypass in my BP kit, for this reason.

I was looking heavily into the SC12 and SC14's way back in the day. My intention back then was a
                    twin-charged B6T using both a supercharger and large turbo. I might actually still end up doing this. I plan on field-testing my M62 kits on my AWD capri, I will remove the turbo bits for now but quite possibly add them back later while retaining the supercharger.

It's my understanding that the SC12/14 are not terribly efficient though.

If you're wanting a custom kit developed, I'd be more than happy to work with you on it... adapters and bracketry are pretty easy to make

Rocketchips!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      I was looking heavily into the SC12 and SC14's way back in the day. My intention back then was a
                      twin-charged B6T using both a supercharger and large turbo. I might actually still end up doing this. I plan on field-testing my M62 kits on my AWD capri, I will remove the turbo bits for now but quite possibly add them back later while retaining the supercharger.

It's my understanding that the SC12/14 are not terribly efficient though.

If you're wanting a custom kit developed, I'd be more than happy to work with you on it... adapters and bracketry are pretty easy to make
                      I think it would have to be on a second Festiva project sometime in the future... I've got my heart set and my wallet invested heavily in a B6T build at present. I theoretically see some utility in doing a B6T ITB combination, but it's a lofty price for my power needs. Thus, perhaps my next Festiva project will be an SOHC screamer with some fancy Rocketman parts. Whether that means high compression, supercharging, ITBs, or something else fancy... I suspect my next project will involve some fancy brackets and adapters assuredly. Lofty dreams...

Comment

Nice work Matt, you have certainly peaked my interest on this one since it directly applies to my future plans, shoot me a PM for a price on one of those

And out of curiosity, why would you wanna adapt the KJ S/C to a festiva with there well known issues for the oil seals going bad in them? my thoughts would be if your going to adapt a SC to a festiva, a more reliable one would make more sense to me, just my 2 cents though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          Nice work Matt, you have certainly peaked my interest on this one since it directly applies to my future plans, shoot me a PM for a price on one of those

And out of curiosity, why would you wanna adapt the KJ S/C to a festiva with there well known issues for the oil seals going bad in them? my thoughts would be if your going to adapt a SC to a festiva, a more reliable one would make more sense to me, just my 2 cents though
                          Why would you swap a KJ into a protege5 when there are well known issues with the superchargers failing constantly?? :p Sent you a PM...

It's a twin screw. I want the soundddddddddddd. The roots blower is never going to give you the pure thrill a twin screw is capable of. IMO, anyway Refer to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes
                          Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivGad40FJxo

etc, etc.... yeah I know it won't sound anything like that, but something close would be awesome.

Realically, I'm not looking to adapt it for a Festiva, but I had started a kit for my capri when it was FWD & 1.6:

I made a custom manifold to mount the s/c on top of:

My intentions with it at this point are to make it a modular design so it can be used easily in many applications, when I do my iRPAC MR capri w/ KLZE I may try to fit the the IHI supercharger to it. I might also try to stick it on my Grand Prix...idk yet. Need to make a mount set for it first. As for oil, I might run an external oil system w/ electric pump so it would be getting a much healthier feed of oil

I have an Eaton M62 on hand too, that I will be doing similar things with.

Rocketchips!

Comment

i only swapped the KJ in my P5 to see if i could, i think it'd be difficult to adapter the KJ SC to a KL though :p PM coming back at ya

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well I'm not looking to put the IHI directly on the KL like it sits on the KJ - that's literally impossible. (lol go and search out there, everyone talks about bolting the SC to the KL. It doesnt work, I was one of the first to actually prove this way back in the day, but I can't find those pictures now unfortunately)

It'd be mounted via brackets on the front or back of the engine, either with its own belt or part of the serpentine system

Like I said, also have this guy to work with too

Rocketchips!

Comment

Working...
                              X