Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsk...Tsk...Tsk..., Bad Dealership!

So I was searching the AutoTrader website and I found this:

Editorial Research and compare new, used and certified cars.

Sweet! This place was only about an hour or so from me and needless to say I was ready to buy, but my subconcience told me not to be so eager. So I enlisted the help of the High & Mighty CARFAX.

Here's what I found out...

Year/Make/Model: 1993 FORD FESTIVA GL

Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
    Engine: 1.3L L4 EFI
    Fuel: GASOLINE
    Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
    Manufactured in: KOREA
    Safety Equipment: Passive (automatic) belts
    Standard Equipment: Air Conditioning Optional, AM / FM, Power Brakes, 6-digit Odometer

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1993 FORD FESTIVA GL (KNJPT06H2P6131728). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

The story of this 1993 FORD FESTIVA GL (KNJPT06H2P6131728) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

This hatchback has had 3 owners and was owned in Texas, Arizona and California. It was originally registered as a corporate fleet vehicle. It was owned by a company that manages its own fleet of vehicles. These vehicles are typically used by smaller companies like banks or firms for business purposes.

It was issued a Not Actual Mileage title by a California DMV. This title is issued when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.

CARFAX found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a source-level clerical error.

CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 11 record(s) for this 1993 FORD FESTIVA GL (KNJPT06H2P6131728).

01/21/1993 NICB Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
    dealer

03/15/1993 Texas Motor Vehicle Dept. El Paso, TX Registered as
    corporate fleet vehicle

04/07/1993 Mileage Reading:5 Texas Motor Vehicle Dept. El Paso, TX Title #38336002 Title or registration issued First owner reported

06/08/1994 Mileage Reading:15,681 Auto Auction Pacific SW Region Vehicle sold

12/06/1994 Mileage Reading:15,866 Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept. Topock, AZ Title #J6O7943390020 Title or registration issued New owner reported Loan or lien reported

08/21/1998 Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept. Topock, AZ Title #A06196A233040 Title or registration issued Loan or lien reported

11/26/1998 Mileage Reading:81,000 Arizona Motor Vehicle Dept. Lake Havasu City, AZ Title #A06196A329033 Title or registration issued Loan or lien reported

12/23/1999 ArizonaMotor Vehicle Dept.Lake Havasu City, AZ Title #A06196A329033 Title or registration issued

10/01/2001 Mileage Reading:168,998 California Inspection Station Santa Fe Springs, CA Passed emissions inspection

10/03/2001 California Motor Vehicle Dept. La Mirada, CA New owner reported NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED

CARFAX AdvisorTM
    A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer to a DMV. The actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.
    Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.

09/28/2005 Mileage Reading:29,593 California Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING

CARFAX AdvisorTM
    CARFAX analyzed this mileage history and is uncertain whether this reading represents a rollback or a clerical error. Please verify the mileage with your dealer or a qualified mechanic.

So I called the dealer and offered them $500 after informing them of it's checkered past. The guy I talked to (who answers your call with a lazy "hello...?") told me they weren't interested and that somebody would eventually buy it at their price. BLUD-CLAAT!!!

Such a nice specimen too.

'92 Festiva L

Umm that's fraud, doesn't the BBB handle cases like that?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Ya man, I think so, but I'm not that vicious. Jus wanted to raise awareness.

'92 Festiva L

Comment

for that much money, the fucker should be immaculate in and out.

damn that reminds me I miss In & Out burger joints
        "Nothing's gonna grieve us
        When we drive Festivas
        I could go a hundred miles an hour
        Long as I got the Almighty Power
        With my plastic Jesus
        Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Wow. That is Bull S**t. It pays to be an informed consumer. That is why carfax is there. Also why BBB is there. They can only go on reports/complaints from people though. I don't think its ruthless or mean to report him. Even if it was ... no more so than what his is going to do to some trusting/unknowing buyer. And unfortunately he is right about the fact that someone will pay what hes asking.
          This moron put this on the Internet. Its public. There is nothing sneaky or underhanded about reporting it. You would just be making BBB aware of public knowledge, like you did here. They record the info over time and base their reports about a business on that info. Its just another tool for the informed buyer. It may be as simple as forwarding the link to the car and your report from carfax showing the VIN.
          You are armed with all you need. If you are concerned about anonymity, just give your local branch a call and see what they say. Also remember, they may not have the power to take action on him for this. If it gets the ball rolling though....OH WELL... no what I mean?.
          If it were me buying and someone knew this I would want the to speak up.
          Not trying to tell you what to do, I just cant sit on that kind of stuff.
          Just my $.02 Sorry for the rant.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Re: Tsk...Tsk...Tsk..., Bad Dealership!

Thanks for the advice bredren!

DOUBLE DOUBLE ANIMAL STYLE...oooooooohhhhh. :tongue8:

'92 Festiva L

Comment

yeah i saw that car also, and emailed the guy like 3 times asking if the mileage was correct. no reply! yeah they should be reported. didn't it say it was a one owner car also? another lie.

what did the guy say when you mentioned the cars past according to carfax?
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

If you can't trust a guy named Jesus, who can you trust?

My advice, report his a$$. But, then, I am an a-hole sometimes. :thefinger:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

thats not being an a--. that car is still listed by autotrader, someone should know so they dont get away with fraud. hell id report em if i had the number where to call.

Comment

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

'Nuff said.
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

TMU....

I used to work in sales and TMU is basically salvage. TMU (True mileage unknown) will be printed in big letters on the title.....Hopefully whoever buys it, notices!

Kinda funny...My '92L, I ran the carfax...As the person I bought it from said, it had been purchased new and titled. Then a few years later it was titled too his son... Then it had been involved in, but not damaged in an Auto/Pedestrian accident! HE HE HE I guess if you are going to get hit by a car, the festiva is pretty good choice! :lol:

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Jesus said to God, oh well some unsuspecting sap will buy if i remain patient :twisted:

Comment

Yea man that was like 2 mos ago...I can't believe dude's still trying to sell that heap, or should I say waiting for someone to buy it (which he told me "someone eventually would") ...gEEz whata BLUDCLAAT LOSER!! CHO!!

'92 Festiva L

Comment

yeah i figured they just forgot to cancel the ad or something. Jesus says, a 1 owner, driven by a little old lady from Pasadena to church only on Sundays.

did you see the latest low mileage festy on autotrader? 42k or so, no pic, no price, and an automatic, in Chicago:? wonder if Jesus has a brother in the windy city. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                            X