No announcement yet.

another festy bits the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i got even worse news today. not only is my car wrote off but the insurance wont even let me buy it back. They say it has to go to salvage. On a "better" note they gave me $1695.00 for it but i lost my racing seat, steering wheel, stereo, 15" tires and rims, short shifter and wheel spacers. Guess i will have to start over from scratch. Still have my parts car... time to ressurect and rebuild from the ground up?

Comment

Try to find out which wrecker it goes to and then go and salvage the parts you need/want.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Damn, did someone smash their head in the window?
        Last edited by Pu241; 11-22-2011, 02:37 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

ya i could do that but it probably won't be anywhere near me. The car is sitting 2 hours away from me right now and i doubt it will get closer. My wifey smashed her head into the window, she wasn't wearing her belt cause she is pregnant and it wouldn't fit lol. But don't worry the festiva protected her enough everything was ok except some scratches on her forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpstiva1 View Post
            well i got even worse news today. not only is my car wrote off but the insurance wont even let me buy it back. They say it has to go to salvage. On a "better" note they gave me $1695.00 for it but i lost my racing seat, steering wheel, stereo, 15" tires and rims, short shifter and wheel spacers. Guess i will have to start over from scratch. Still have my parts car... time to ressurect and rebuild from the ground up?
            When did the insurance company get the right to take your car away from you? They're INSURING the car against loss - why do they get the title to the car and take it away from you under the guise of "insuring it against loss"?

You shouldn't have to "buy back" your own property. What if your house insurance worked that way? You have a fire, and the bank pays out money and says "All right, pack your **** and leave - we own this place now, and we're going to take it and sell it."

If 'twas me, I'd check with a lawyer and see if they can actually legally do that. I know I'll get some answers that say "Lannis, don't bang your head against a wall, it ALWAYS works that way."

And it might, as long as we let it. The insurance company is not your friend, and you are NOT in good hands!

Lannis

Comment

I hate car insurance. Period.

In other news, grab a fender, hood, bumper, and rad support and you'll be fine!
              1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
              Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
              daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
              A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Precisely why I never even reported my accident to the other persons insurance and have to deal with them telling me what I'm going to do with it. $1,650 would even pay for my parts into my car. I would be going nuts if they tried to take my car. Hopefully that money is enough to be able to resurrect another. Should be able to find one in good shape for $800 and through some wheels on it and a Bp

The hit doesn't even look that bad I just fixed this with some cutting and welding.
                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 11-24-2011, 05:41 AM.
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                  I hate car insurance. Period.

In other news, grab a fender, hood, bumper, and rad support and you'll be fine!
                  Several years ago, we claimed a $900 windshield for our Buick when a tree branch fell on it.

They paid, but they raised our premium $200 every six months for the next year and a half. In other words, we just about paid for the repair with the increased premium.

I've never carried anything but the absolute minimum in liability insurance on any car or motorcycle since. It's a huge ripoff. And since I never have a "car payment", there's no bank requiring me to carry insurance either.

My insurance bill is $800 a year lower now. Last week, a deer smashed into the side of that same Buick, knocking in the door and fender right at the hinge. $1480 to repair - but it would have been $2400 in premiums if I'd carried collision insurance for the last three years .....

Lannis

Comment

i hate INS it's all jus a money racket
                    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X