Festy meets deer - Deer DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy meets deer - Deer DEAD

Yup, I popped a deer yesterday morning on the way in to work. It was icey from the snow the day before and the fork horn buck had to be stupid and try to cross in front of me. He fell on the ice, I hit him in the hind quarters as he was trying to get up and run at the same time. I was mad and went back to gladly beat him to death for bending my Festy, but he was dead. Festy got me to work with nothing leaking. My Ranger headlights are pretty tough, the driver's side pushed in and self destructed inside but did not break the shell in fact the low beam and turn signal still work. Except it is aimed at the ground about a foot in front of Festy. Corner light gone, fender junk, battery tray broke, driving light folded under, bumper twisted. We will see how the insurance company treats me with a 18 year old car!

Bill

if you report it they will total your car...
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Nerd Racing speaks truth!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Wow, I'm amazed at the number of people who carry collision or comp on their Festy! I have a hard time justifying spending the extra money for full coverage on a car worth $1000 or less (at least in my case). The biggest issue is as Nerd says, all it takes is minor damage and they will total it. In some cases, that only complicates the whole issue. Then you get to go 10 rounds with the insurance because they'll only want to pay a fraction of the value. I figure I'm much better off saving the extra money and just fixing any damage myself.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

blkfordsedan, I too do not carry collision or comp and if it is in an accident I don't have to buy it back. I just have it towed home at the insurance cost.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by 93festiva View Post
            I was mad and went back to gladly beat him to death for bending my Festy, but he was dead.
            Lmao
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              blkfordsedan, I too do not carry collision or comp and if it is in an accident I don't have to buy it back. I just have it towed home at the insurance cost.
              X3, but I take it a step further and tow it home myself on my own trailer lol. Glad to hear everyone (except the deer ) was ok
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I was involved in an accident a few months back with my festy. It was the other guys fault. The reason I am adding my 2cents is... I was able to keep my car without it getting totalled(no Salvage title). Although the other insurance company didn't repair my car they paid out 2853.04 IIRc.
                There was several build threads as well as for sale listings on my car to document and support the TRUE VALUE of these cars.I had to haggle a bit and guide the adjuster to this web site as well as a few others,but I was able to get FULL price for my car and keep a Blue non-salvage title.
                Daily= Phostiva: Turbo bp.megasquirt. full aspire swap. G5M-R. 14.2 E/T @104
                Weekends= 1997 Camaro SS:Fully built 4l60. LT1 355 W/ LT4 hot cam kit. C.A.I. Headers.
                Project= 1985 Monte Carlo SS. Stock

Comment

I carry comp and high liability and since I'm an old fart it only costs $11/month. Haven't heard from the adjuster yet, but I won't take any garbage from him, I paid the premium and I will get the coverage. I don't mind going to court to get it if need be. Over the years they have tried all sorts of little games, like offering only half the labor rate because I would fix it myself. I have always got my money, and more than one adjuster fired.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X