pizza festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza festy

i just saw my 93gl festy that i sold with a dominos light on top & she was scooting!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Dangerous for the festiva but good for the Dominos customer. Too bad there isnt a car better suited for the job.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

good thing its an auto!

Comment

Been running pizza in various festivas for 5 years now
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

i hope it lasts her a long time!

Comment

When it gives up from aggressive driving, buy it back, repair, repeat.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Too bad there isnt a car better suited for the job.
              There is... its called my Miata lol. But still can't match the festiva gas mileage lol.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                When it gives up from aggressive driving, buy it back, repair, repeat.
                wow i like the way you think!

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                  wow i like the way you think!
                  Hey, works for me.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    There is... its called my Miata lol. But still can't match the festiva gas mileage lol.
                    Which is why it isn't a better car for the job. there is no better pizza car ever. Why don't you ask scitzz on that one. MPG, durability, usable interior space.
                    Last edited by neanderpaul; 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      Which is why it isn't a better car for the job. there is no better pizza car ever. Why don't you ask scitzz on that one. MPG, durability, usable interior space.
                      only slightly disagree - if the festy had 4 doors I would fully agree but I have done the delivery thing pt since 1988 and my 4 door aspy is it imo.(better durabilty - same drivetrain & with the suspention/brake upgrades, more usable and comfortable interior, less mpg by 10-15%). when you leave the store its much easier to use the back door to put the food in car than using the rear hatch (I've tested both type cars - 83 honda accord coupe). even IF the hatch lifts are good which is a rareity.

as for the metros - daughter has a 94 with 5 speed and it is considerably more peppy than my 5 speed aspy from 0-50 or 60. guess the 3 banger metro is so much lighter? the metro reminds me more of a festy than my aspy does.

imo the 10-15% mpg dif is more than offset by the convience of having the back door.
                      admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

I've seen 2 aspires approaching 400k. I know of 11 festivas with over 500k. The man trans in the aspires is the weak link. It is different than the festivas'. It's geared shorter to compensate for the weight. I've delivered many a meal in festivas as well. MANY since 91. I find the aspire interior too crowded. And since I've never been uncomfortable in a festiva seat even after 13 hours straight I can't imagine the aspire could be more comfortable. And the brakes and suspension on an aspire are not an upgrade unless they are swapped to a festiva. They are stiffer to compensate for the increased weight of the aspire. I always used the passenger seat for the food. Unless it was big. Then I prefer the hatch with the seats flat. And I've never had bad hatch struts in 25 festivas. I've only seen one bad hatch strut on a festy ever. And a 94 metro with a 5 speed is easily smoked by a festy with a 5 speed. The manual trans festys run circles around the metro and the aspire. I delivered in a 92 accord 4 door as well. I didn't use the back seat for food. Still used the pass seat and pulled it out with me through the drivers door.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Actually, Paul, if the metro was a 4cyl it would have had more power and less weight than a festy. Metro's had 3 and 4cyl engines. A 3cyl 5sp metro is like 1600 lbs, so yes, they can have pep like a festy. I cant imagine a 4 banger weighing much more.

And aspires dont weight THAT much more than a festy. A couple hundred lbs MAX. The aspire brakes and suspension ARE tons better, even in an aspire. Thats why Ford dropped the festiva for the aspire. Its way safer, and more modern. The interior is more "car-like" and not a bare-bones econobox.

And yes, aspire seats are way better.

The aspire trans is the same, not worse. If anything better. The shorter gearing due to more weight, yes. If anything this helps take some strain off it due to better torque multiplication. Also I believe they improved the case.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ive heard of the the trans in apsires breaking a lot more often. The trans sell on fa.com like hotcakes. Not the same.

Aspires can weigh up to 400 or 450 more than the festy. 1600 is the lightest festy. Compare that to a 4 door auto aspire. I think they broke 2000.

Let's go get some weights on the 2nd gen metro.

Comment

4 door Aspire Curb Weight, lbs 2053
                              HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X