whats she worth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    7 miles is plenty of time for it to warm up. in town is not good. But plenty of people get 35-40 in town with their festys.
    Yeah you are correct. I was thinking of today, for me, when it was 10 degrees this morning haha :p That's when my mpgs tank

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
    hmm never really thought abouut thats but yea its is what would you think it should get
    I'd think 30 should be the low end. I do not really know about the carbed cars but I thought they did fairly well as well. Typically only the autos suffer from the worse mpg. I'd think you could get it to at least 35 city 40 highway
    Last edited by Charlie1717; 11-17-2011, 11:05 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
      Yeah you are correct. I was thinking of today, for me, when it was 10 degrees this morning haha :p That's when my mpgs tank
      EEK!!

I've seen several carbed festivas get into the high 40's low 50's.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I have a 89 L carb 4 speed and this last tank I got 39mpg. During the winter(MN) I usually see 32-35 (I do warm it up in winter before driving) depending where I go/how I drive of course. When I recieved the car shortly after my Grandmother (she owned it) passed away I found papers with math on them showing she was getting 48 mpg.

(EDIT: She did not drive like the typical 80 year old either. 58-60mph was her moto on highway)
        Last edited by 2xclutchin; 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM.
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

BUT 48 without 5th gear is amazing! Go Grandma!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

That was 6 years ago when the car was in it's hay-day, used daily,(it's the only explination I can figure out anyway, coupled with crap gasoline now-a-days), then after she got sick it was parked for about 1 year, then it was tossed into my lap, found the keys, put in fresh gas, turned the key, pumped the heck out of it, and, vroom! Off I went into the sunset!
            Mike Holmgren
            Thief Rvr Fls, MN
            "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Nice! Keep her going!

Comment

I plan too, only thing other than memories I have of that Grandma, didn't have alot of time to see her at the end, oh and one of these days when I figure out how to post pictures I will post them.

Sorry for jacking the thread for that short bit I will crawl back to my hole now
                Mike Holmgren
                Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

You can ask whatever you want for a car, doesnt mean you will get it! LOL http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...704592749.html

I do get an average of 46.4mpg, which would indicate that there is something wrong with yours.......

Ps. I have had a few calls regarding my Festiva, but I let them know that I would need to get VERY close to my asking price to consider selling it, and they usually dont call back, lol......... Everything is for sale at the right price though........

Comment

Working...
                  X