motor cycle r1 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor cycle r1 festiva

ok well i have been kicking around this idea for a while now about pulling back seat and rear axle and installing a solid axle with a yamaha r1 motorcycle motor and wiring harness i done some research and figured out the engines charging system would pulle enough juice to charge battery for lights and what not and there liquid cooled so that wouldnt be a proble and building a scatter shield around motor to keep away from shrapnull and what not i figured seeing the motor cycle get anywhere from 80 to 90 mpg the festy shout get 40 to 50 mpg with about 150 to 175 horse and high rpms and i pull tractors with these motors and know what they could with stand and saw thos videos with the smart car with them how woud yall think that would work out for me???
    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

beating a dead horse
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Do it! I had the opportunity to do something similar in a Chevy Sprint years ago but I never got around to doing it. I would like to do one some day but would like to keep the engine up front. However your MPG figures are off. I don't think you'll get more than 40 MPG in the bike so you will get less with the car.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

well i was juss thinking aloud on the numbers and i am probaly goin to do it just have to find a motor reasonably priced
        89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

Punctuation helps with reading your post, newcomb. Commas and periods were invented to allow the reader to identify when to pause, and where a complete thought ends.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Newcomb, http://www.h1v8.com.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
              beating a dead horse
              Ditto

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Punctuation helps with reading your post, newcomb. Commas and periods were invented to allow the reader to identify when to pause, and where a complete thought ends.
                Thank you! People, listen!

Comment

Do you possess awesome fabrication/welding/machining/design skills? I f not, it will be really expensive to build.
                  1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                  1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                  1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                  1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                  1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                  1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                  1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                    Thank you! People, listen!
                    +1. Also, when something is underlined in RED, that means it's misspelled. Just saying.
                    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                    Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
                      ok well i have been kicking around this idea for a while now about pulling back seat and rear axle and installing a solid axle with a yamaha r1 motorcycle motor and wiring harness i done some research and figured out the engines charging system would pulle enough juice to charge battery for lights and what not and there liquid cooled so that wouldnt be a proble and building a scatter shield around motor to keep away from shrapnull and what not i figured seeing the motor cycle get anywhere from 80 to 90 mpg the festy shout get 40 to 50 mpg with about 150 to 175 horse and high rpms and i pull tractors with these motors and know what they could with stand and saw thos videos with the smart car with them how woud yall think that would work out for me???
                      I agree with the others. Please punctuate. We have to go back and re-read to get it. Having said that a few thoughts come to mind.
                      1. you more than double overestimated the gas mileage for an R1.
                      2. The motorcycle engined smart is 1300cc hayabusa powered
                      3. Motorcycle engines don't have as much torque as car engines.
                      4. Why put it in the rear?
                      5. Do you have any fabrication skills or past projects/complex motor swaps under your belt?
                      6. It can be done if you have the skills or money.
                      7. Many other motors are easier to swap and deliver superb results. B6T BP etc etc
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

R6 metro
                        !NOT MY VIDEO!Reuploaded from streetfire.http://psiman.net/finished_projects/geo/ has a bit of info on this thing. As far as I know however he sold it.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

'm just glad this lunatic doesn't live nextdoor to me. cgemout1 6 months ago
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                            'm just glad this lunatic doesn't live nextdoor to me. cgemout1 6 months ago

Comment

that was in the comments on the video. I hit send too fast.
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X