Snow tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow tires

I'm starting to look for some snow tires. I want to keep cost low.
    What would you all recommend?

I have a set of 14" rims and 13" I can use as my snow rims.
    What about this ad?

Could this be a good deal? What would be a good price? The benefit of the above would be a nice set of steelies all ready to go for winter.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

That's a good tire. Kinda high priced tho. Try offering lower.
    Ford Fester

Comment

Considering that new 155/80R13 winterforce tires from tire rack are now $46 ea.

I'd say $250 with wheels isn't a bad price.

It can't hurt to offer less. The worse that'll happen is the seller says "no".

Money in hand, in person would be the way to go, IMHO. Then the seller don't have time to think about it.

Just my 2¢.

Comment

I was thinking since brand new I can get them for $200 Steelies at a yard are at most 15 a piece. The tires are used so I'm thinking of offering like $180 and going from there.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Kinda weird, thats not the tread pattern for current winterforce tires. I wonder if they're old or something?
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i noticed that too. if it is, i wouldnt buy them because they would be at least 5 years old. snow tires are built super soft and when they age, they get harder, decreasing your winter traction. a guy can buy some 13" steel wheels at the yard for cheap and throw on some new winterforces for not a lot more than what youll have into a used setup. jmo
            07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
            91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
            90 Festiva figure 8 racer
            90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

Yeah I have a set of rims I'm thinking of maybe just getting some new ones and using those for several years. Those are definitely old and have less than half the tread left. I sent him an offer of 180 but I don't think I'm even willing to pay that. So we will see if he knows they aren't worth 250 or not when he accepts my offer :p

Are the winterforce any good? Are they worth 50 a piece? Or what should I get?

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

winterforces work very well. nice deep tread and a lot of siping(small grooves in the tread blocks). i ran a pair of 1558013s on my stiva for 2 SD winters and never got stuck. just let the clutch out in 1st gear and they claw there way out.
                07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
                91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
                90 Festiva figure 8 racer
                90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

Yeah theyre beastly tires.

Dont bother with those old ones. Half the reason snows work so well is because theyre softer.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Hey charlie, i've got a set of four near new Kumho Baja comp tires, i guarantee they would get you out of most snow drifts. LOL
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                      Hey charlie, i've got a set of four near new Kumho Baja comp tires, i guarantee they would get you out of most snow drifts. LOL
                      hahaha I know they do well, I've used them!

My friends were having a contest to see who could get up this hill that was solid snow/ice and they both just barely got out with 4x4. Then they laughed and said well lets see what the festiva can do. Crawled it like nothing. Those tires are sweeeet.

Thanks for the info guys I think I'll just look into getting some winterforces. These kumho powerstars suck suck suck in the snow. I get stuck on flat surfaces just using the clutch.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Nokians. From Finland. Have them on our Eurovan. Haven't seen snow or ice
                        we couldn't can't get through. Online.

Comment

i have some studded snow tires i need to get rid of, there Pirelli, search my user name and you will probably find them.

Comment

Comment

I bought a new set of these last year. Havent even mounted them yet. They were less than $50 each.

Last edited by freshtiva; 11-19-2011, 04:54 AM.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X