Funny reactions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny reactions!

So, people say some funny things when I give them a ride in my Festiva. Here are my top 3 reactions so far:

1. This thing is like a midget that can run fast.
    2. It's like a sippy cup full of nitro!
    3. He just laughed constantly for the first 10 minutes of the ride, then said, "I want one".
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

My favorite is, " How many Shriner Clowns can you get in this thing? "
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

"Where's the other roller skate"? LOL
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

"You can still hear the hamsters from inside that car"

Comment

"Watching you get into this car is like seeing people do origami!"
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

A coworker had to drive my Festiva one time and he said, "I thought I was going 60mph and then I looked down at the speedo and was going 35."
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

I'm 6'6" so everywhere I go it's "Do you use a shoehorn to get in?".Oh and never forget "What are you rollin' on 14's" they laugh and I reply with "Nope rollin deep on them 12's" lol.
              Mike Holmgren
              Thief Rvr Fls, MN
              1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
              "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                "Watching you get into this car is like seeing people do origami!"
                Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                I'm 6'6" so everywhere I go it's "Do you use a shoehorn to get in?".Oh and never forget "What are you rollin' on 14's" they laugh and I reply with "Nope rollin deep on them 12's" lol.
                You tall guys do look odd getting into such a small car, but its hard to find a car with this much headroom so it's a no brainier as to why they are popular for tall people. Even Jay Leno has commented about the copious amount of headroom in his shogun. There is a guy here in town with a swift GTI, and he must be 7 ft tall. He drives it with his head slightly crooked. He needs a festy.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Honestly the Festiva is the only car I'm not cramped in, great ergonomics, and economics. Also the first car back seat I was able to fit in, ever.
                  Mike Holmgren
                  Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                  1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                  "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

That's part of the reason I picked the Festiva over the Swift actually. I had a stellar deal lined up on a 1st generation Turbo Swift and was going to build a 200HP/liter screamer out of one of those... but the headroom just wasn't good enough compared to the Festiva. Every speed-bump was a headache. Truth be told, the hatchbacks will always be the best because of the high roof-lines... but the Festiva really is something special.

It was like every part of the car was designed for giants. The flat door panels give my left leg room to move around, the gear position of first gear is just barely touching my calf muscles, and the steering wheel height is actually perfect for me. Obviously, I prefer to drive barefoot because the pedals are pretty darn close together. Another minor complaint is that my worn out E-series clutch was basically lighter than the accelerator pedal lol. The headroom is plenty and I've done 15 hour trips (Westiva what what) in this thing with no problems at all related to ergonomics.

Those are things that are relatively easy to fix though. Perhaps I'll get the clutch spaced a little better in the future just for safety more than anything. I'm intrigued to see how much easier it will be like to drive now that I've dropped a fair bit of weight. What will also be funny is to take some pictures standing next to it now that it's been dropped 2" from before.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Someone called mine a Yugo once...
                      I mostly get weird looks.
                      I'm only 5'10ish and have no problem fitting in- just a little difficulty bending my arthritic knee through the door in tight spaces. Coupes always have such long doors.
                      All of my friends like my car. One friend bought a Festiva. Another is looking for a nice aquastiva.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

My great uncle said to me once, "who put the doghouse on wheels??"
                        Amazing Amanda

Comment

Westiva 2010... ten Festivas pulling away from Wedge Pond... onlooker asks "what's with all the clown cars?"

A friend once suggested that I not park too close to the shopping cart return at Safeway because with the spoiler the Festiva might be mistaken for one!
                          Last edited by fastivaca; 11-21-2011, 09:30 AM.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

When I worked in sales, I used my Festy most of the time. I got tons of positive reactions from customers...especially when I would deliver a weeks worth of orders out of the backof the car. They also trusted my pricing more, knowing I drove a Festiva and not a new car or diesel crew cab pickup like my competition did.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                              A friend once suggested that I not park too close to the shopping cart return at Safeway because with the spoiler the Festiva might be mistaken for one!
                              More than once my friends have asked me not to park IN the shopping cart returns, because they know I do it a lot and they don't want to have to climb out the window :razz:
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X