Couldn't pass it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't pass it up

I just bought another Festiva, have to pick it up tomorrow.
    It's an '88 LX. It has some rust issue's mainly the rocker panels and a really bad paint job, but runs nice as is and will be really nice after a tune-up.
    Not sure what I will do with it being that I just bought my '93 a few weeks ago but around here a $500 car that runs and drives good is a incredible deal.

Nice score!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sounds like a deal to me!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Hmmm just at a glance I see rear wiper, rear defog, cargo shelf, and power mirrors... being an LX probably has an orange tach cluster too. Thats close to $500 worth of parts right there lol. Plus a car to go with it all Not a bad deal at all!
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yea and being from Wisconsin that body is straight as hell. Every festy I find for sale always has quarter panel rust and wheelwells are gone. Buff her out and she'll be a cougar

Comment

Did you just pick this up today cuz i just called a guy in green bay this morning said he had someone to come look at it. told me to call him in hour said its sold seems this must be the one.. lol darn you!!
            1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
            1991 Manual Ford Festiva
            1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Must be, it was in Green Bay!

Comment

Originally posted by All systemz View Post
                Must be, it was in Green Bay!
                Darn! wish i wouldnt have went out for breakfast this morning lol! But very nice car I woulda snatched it up as well.
                1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
                1991 Manual Ford Festiva
                1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Should've passed it up

What a junker.
                  Went to pick it up and it started fine and idled great. Put my foot on the gas and it stumbles and dies. Try it a few times but it will not drive more than 5 mph.
                  So i'm sitting there in Green Bay on game day (Packer's vs Vikings) and the place is basically a ghost town. Call the guy I bought it from but he's probably in a bar somewhere watching the game.
                  Seems like it has a huge vacuum leak so I took the PCV out, plugged the hose and away I went.
                  Notice the gas gauge swinging up and down so I stop at a gas station and put 10 bucks in but it made no difference with the gauge, no big deal I'll figure that out later.
                  Doing about 65-70 on the freeway nicely and decide to mess with the heater and vents. Flip it over to dash vents and get blasted in the face by mouse nest debris, ok no big deal so the car sat for awhile, just needs a good cleaning.
                  Between the game in Green Bay and all the deer hunter's coming back from up north, there's a lot of state trooper's out and a lot of people hitting the brakes here and there. A few miles later traffic is stopped and I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have so I had to make a panic stop. Brakes faded almost immediately and I barely stopped in time.
                  Clutch slips under heavy acceleration and on and on and on.
                  Finally get home, jack it up and get underneath only to find one brake line cut and crimped for the left rear. That would explain the brake fade.
                  But the really bad news is the "unibody?" structure is rotted out so bad that I just think the car is unsafe. Weird that I couldn't tell how bad it was by just looking underneath, you have to get between the two rails and then you can see they are pretty much gone.
                  So I am scrapping it. The good thing is that the front end is really nice other than paint. Doors are straight and barely any rust as are the front fender's. The interior is nice although dirty but seats aren't ripped and the shifter is super tight (no slop), good headlights, grill, etc. so there are a lot of parts I'll swap over to my 93.
                  Anyone need parts

Comment

I would like to know more about the Charger, some pic's and a short write up.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Ill give you a $100.00 bucks for it^ the festiva not the charger lol

Comment

I bet your festiva, that it is not as bad as my paint job...lol mine was rattle canned and he paint all the rubber molding and weather stripping.....ugghhh.

engines are cheap for that, no worries about the stumbling and dead thing.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Rattle can paint job would have to turn out better than a roller and house paint

Its a shame to because this Festiva was silver, one of my favorite colors on these cars

"One must die so other's may live"
                          Still some meat on the bone's but it's off to the junk yard later today

Comment

If your looking for another there is one on milwaukee craigsllist near me in west bend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
                            :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

^^ this makes me very sad.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X