Say a prayer,cross your fingers & wish me well plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say a prayer,cross your fingers & wish me well plz

I work two full time jobs.One is a mechanic in a factory. (I just started day one of a 17 day sabbatical) The other is my own business in foreclosure industry. My wife and I have 150 properties to inspect by the end of the month. My suburban lost its rear axle seal & its been parked for @ a month.My E350 needs an injector on the left bank and has a terrible "eng miss". And now I just lost 5th/Reverse in our Aspire :eeeeeek: I'm out of vehicle's. And NEVER have enough time.
    I'm trying not hyperventilate & taking slow deliberate breaths. Life is a test.But I didn't have time to study for this one . I'm headed out to the Barn to start on the Tranny. Gonna take the replacement to the pressure washer cuz its filthy.Hopefully I'll have her driving by daybreak.My only concern is the clutch.My son said he had a rough time getting into the Barn with it.Said he could smell clutch,and it was real hard to get it to go forward. I'm guessing it was just the tranny binding. Would like to reuse this clutch goes its almost new. Thanks,guys-
    Last edited by nitrofarm; 11-20-2011, 08:11 PM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

On behalf of the Zulu Ministries LLC Inc, good luck!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Good luck!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hang in there man, some day you'll look back at this and laugh. Best of luck!
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Drop the tranny in 'er and enjoy another 500,000 miles lol.
          1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
          Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
          daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
          A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Best of luck. Work patiently and you'll have it done before you know it. I've spent many a nights working through the night. Crash or blow a motor Saturday night and work like hell to get ready for the races on Sunday.
            07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
            91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
            90 Festiva figure 8 racer
            90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

Good luck bud. Take your time and if you get mad, walk away and cool off and then start back again.
              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Good luck getting on top of things.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks for the good words guys.It means a lot.
                  Was playing my iPod in the Barn last night & this came on.Never heard it b4.My kid must have ripped it.Cut me to the heart.Stopped feeling sorry for my self thats dang sure.I have lots to be thankful for.
                  I thought I'd share it with you guys. Nitrofarm

PS Made lots of progress on the Apire.Clutch,Press plate & Trans = junk. Flywheel is questionable.Dropped off 3 different flywheels to have shop surface the best one. I guess your really not supposed to do that on these.So we are just gonna clean it up.The one off the Aspire was BLUED :eeeeeek: Exhaust down pipe to Cat dough nut & all that attach's it there = junk. Had to weld on that flange,the only thing holding it on was rust. But now I can drop the pan straight down to replace the oil pan gasket (Which is leaking). Got all the parts coming from Milwaukee & Chicago.And will pick them up @ Napa & Advanced tonite.Going to bed its been a productive but long night.
                  Last edited by nitrofarm; 11-21-2011, 12:06 PM.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

If you run into any problems just take your sweet bp festiva. Haha jk man, good luck. Glad to hear its going well
                    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Working...
                    X