Cobra29svt and the elusive rear trans mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra29svt and the elusive rear trans mount

He figured out it's in the trans section. Nice job!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

And it was a for a manual trans. I just shaved the trans and used it. :angry1:
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

told you i have a mount for you, was gonna pull it today and ship... oh well.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I never heard back.

Comment

Yep, they are all for the MTX. Everywhere I've searched. Ford and Mazda both say they can't get any of the, and even one of my NAPA buddies with connections to Mazda overseas hasn't been able to hunt one up. I thought about shaving the trans, but the stud on the mount is also offset differently on the ATX one, so I ended up swapping parts with Jay to get that mount and a couple other things I needed
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The difference between rock auto and the rest of the mcparts stores is that rock auto listed it for the auto. The rest say they only have it for the manual. The trans shave was easy and is a permanent fix.

Comment

Did you shave it in the car with the crossmember dropped? Or pull it?
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Cut off wheel, crossmember unbolted but hanging on the sway bar. Took 5 minutes tops.

Comment

Just got off the phone with rock auto. They called the manufacturer and they think the auto and manual are the same. Yeah that got me nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                    That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I never heard back.
                    had to wait to strip the car and good weather to boot, didn't know it was a rush job. and it's only been 13 days... :/
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      had to wait to strip the car and good weather to boot, didn't know it was a rush job. and it's only been 13 days... :/
                      Originally posted by neanderpaul
                      I need a rear trans mount for an automatic festiva. Thanks.
                      Originally posted by neanderpaul
                      That would be awesome! My friends car is stuck in my dad's garage waiting for only that.
                      It's all good Arty. No sweat.

Comment

Working...
                      X