It pays to do your homework!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to do your homework!

im the local mechanic around the rural sioux falls area and a few years back one of my customers brought it a car to have serviced, a 1990 mercury capri xr2. i thought it was pretty neat but didnt know much about them or what they were so i didnt think much of it. after fumbling around on these boards after buying my 2 festivas i learned a lot about them and their close relatives(323, capri, etc). a few weeks ago i remembered that i had serviced that xr2 but hadnt seen it again since. one day the customer that owned it came in to get his new car serviced, so i asked him about the capri he once had. he said he uograded to a grand prix and traded it to his godparents for a bathtub and some other work(he is in the construction biz). he told me that he might wanna sell it because they dont drive it anymore and gave me his number. i called and asked about it and he indeed want to sell it. it doesnt start because it doesnt have voltage anywhere, so he just wanted to get the money he stuck into a new clutch out of it.....$600. needless to say i just got her home more pics and info to come!
    07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
    91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
    90 Festiva figure 8 racer
    90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

few more pics
    07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85

Comment

Great score!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

nice.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Nice donor car

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Here come's the part where I heckle everyone about parting out a capri
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              Here come's the part where I heckle everyone about parting out a capri
              http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2714987323.html
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I haven't decided if ill part this out or not. Its rust free(a rarity in south dakota) and in pretty good sh ape. Id need a rust free festiva before id cannibalize it
                07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85

Comment

I may have a rust free donor car for ya...one or 2...or 3.
                  Ford Fester

Comment

Did some lookin at it today to figure out why it had no power. The guy I bought it from hooked the battery cables up backwards and popped the main fuse. Switched the cables around and junpered the main fuse and it fired right up! Gotta love easy fixes!
                    07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85

Comment

^^haha that's awesome

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hah, idiot! Usually when the battery is hooked up backwards the headlights will jump up and down nonstop. There's plenty of people out there that have managed to do it.
                        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                        High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                        Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

He said the headlights worked but nothing else. I laughed rather hard when I traced the positive wire from the battery to the ground on the tranny lol
                          07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85

Comment

Originally posted by schreurs1 View Post
                            Did some lookin at it today to figure out why it had no power. The guy I bought it from hooked the battery cables up backwards and popped the main fuse. Switched the cables around and junpered the main fuse and it fired right up! Gotta love easy fixes!
                            That is hilarious! Great score!
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                            X