Festiva GT-AE Pics???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva GT-AE Pics???

I heard only 300 were made and it comes with a BJ engine. Does anyone here have a pic of it and a pic of the engine bay with the original engine?

Thanks so much!
    '98 Kia Pride CD-5 B1 5MT (Daily Driver in Philippines)
    '97 Honda Civic EK 5MT D15 VTEC $50 coilovers (Deceased, previous DD)
    '03 Corolla S 4AT Megan Coilovers 17" tC's. (Daily Driver in Las Vegas)

I had the most fun in the Kia

I think we have a foreign member that has this engine. He was here to get help with an issue but hasn't been back in a while.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

There is a GT-A in British Columbia, a member here took a bunch of pics, I'm looking for the thread to dig up the pics

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

These aren't quite the pics I was looking for but they work lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I hate that front end , it just doesnt feel right.

Comment

I don't think we are missing out on anything.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I wish I could see one without a different colour on the front bumper cover and such. I think it could look decent if the grille were opened right up to the bottom of the hood.

Comment

that looks awesome
                I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Ya I kinda like it as well, I'd honestly prefer to buy a GTX, but I'd still buy a GTA if I had the money for one

Comment

I second the coolness factor. Maybe it because it looks so euro and I just have a thing for European cars.

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

That definitely looks more aerodynamic. If it were up to me, I'd probably get rid of the top grille opening to see if it's really necessary. Make it more aerodynamic.

Paint it all one color, too. It looks a bit weird with the white, and that counts a bit against it for some folks.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

That's interesting... The front looks kinda like the old Chevy Spark. It makes for a unique looking Festy. Would be nice if they have those front for sale though.

Thanks alot for the engine pic. It really does look like the B6 engine. Just curious, is it possible to get that engine today? Or does anyone know the part number for it's crankshaft and the countries where it could be ordered in? I'm starting a project and that crankshaft or the whole engine is the start of it.

Comment

I think the BJ engines (B3 with DOHC) were only offered in Japanese market Festivas. Ask all the JDM importers to see what they can snag.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            I think the BJ engines (B3 with DOHC) were only offered in Japanese market Festivas. Ask all the JDM importers to see what they can snag.

Karl
                            It's a B6 DOHC with a 67.5mm stroke, basically the crank is different, that's the hard part to get.

Comment

The owner of that car did not paint it that way....that is how they came from the factory I believe. I think the one up in BC is/was for sale. I think Stephan knows the guy....he bought a GTX from him.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X