picked up aspire #4 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up aspire #4 today

this is my first 2 door auto. tired of changing gears around town. I have 3 4-door asps one being a parts car. the 2 runners are beaters in the looks dept. but run great.

anyways I found a 2 owner red auto coupe with working a/c, 120k miles, one small dent, nice interior, sony radio/cd player and new tires. radiator, front breaks - runs good & paint even looks better than average, no rust, no leaks. got it for $900 and I plan to get the windows tinted, fix the dent and throw a 300 dollar macco paint job on it. I'll need to put some hubcaps on it. I've had 5 of these cars and only one had hubcaps. whats up with that?

can't wait to get it cleaned up and see what a coat of wax will do.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

nice score!!!
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

went through it this week and after a good interior cleaning it was almost perfect. cup holder and ashtray area were busted up/missing so I went to the well (94 aspire out back on blocks) and got that console and replaced it.
      gotta have a cup holder!.. had to rob a seatbelt trim piece also. the rear deck cover is missing but I will make one from 1/4" plywood and carpet it. sony deck with kenwood replacement spearers in the original spots. no hack job anywhere on the car which is hard to believe.

only thing I could find that doesn't work is the windsheild washer. I pulled it off the parts care in case it is the pump.

of course the oil is dirty so I changed it and the trans fluid is more brown than red so I am doing a trans service on it this weekend.

front end looked about what you'd expect on a 120k car. should be good for another 50k miles or so. rack boots need replacing. I don't have a lift so I'm taking it to the shop. its a b tring to do underneath work on gravel, lol. and I'm gettin too old to roll around on the ground. the car tracks straight up to 70mph and brakes straight as well (no wobbles). brakes feel good but haven't checked them. a/c is ice cold.

it needs some wheelcovers - besides the basketball size dent in the rear R quarter there are only a few lot dings. wierd thing - the channels on the roof are empty - rubber(?) strips are gone. what is supposed to go in there? can't tell from the other car what it is.

clear coat is peeling bad on the fenders and doors but the hood/top are nice. go figure. I am having a friend paint it in a couple weeks rather than macco - he's been eying a AK-47 I have for sale so we'll do a trade so the paint will be $450 (what I have in the AK)

before I do that I'll get the windows tinted. thats it - doing something with the wheels, rack boots, trans serviced, tint and paint and thats all I will do to it other than fixing things that break or wear out. oh, the cat con. has some rot on it so I may just straight pipe it.

I'm hoping to have aroung $2k in it when I'm done and it'll look like a car less than a year or 2 old. then the beater aspire I have will be deligated to using on my part time job (delivering pizzas) yeah, I listen to dave.

anybody have any advice on additives to the auto trans to squeeze more mpg's out of it? I planned on using a Q of lucas trans conditioner after I flush out the old fluid.

wish I could post pics but I am tech challenged to say the least.

bet I looked at 15-20 of these things over the years and this one was the nicest I've seen in 5-6 years. and this is the first red one I have ever seen/noticed. wonder why red ones are scarace? you see red festys and metros all the time.
      admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Working...
      X