b6t radiator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t radiator??

whats up guys, well i have had the b6t swap in my fest for a while now, im using the stock 1.3 rad. my engine always seems to be running hotter then it should hence the bubbling and rad fluid filling the overflow everytime i turn the car off and it getting hot as well when im sitting in traffic, but it never seems to overheat.. im not sure if my rad is just bad or just cant handle the heat that the bigger engine and turbo generates. i did replace the radiator months back when the car was a 1.3 so i don't really know, must need an upgrade. i was thinkin a aluminum performance rad for a honda.. anyone else run something similar??

Do you know about the ATX Festiva double core radiators? It's a bolt-in.

Or use an Aspire radiator, which is a bit wider. You'd have to move mounts on one side though.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

no, i didn't know that.. whoa.. i'll see how the atx dose me first before i mod those brackets..

Comment

i have a porsche 924 radiator. the hoses need a little work and you have to do your own custom mounting but it keeps my engine nice and chilly
        Ian Carr
        88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD
        86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

hmm, 924 huh?

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t
            i have a porsche 924 radiator. the hoses need a little work and you have to do your own custom mounting but it keeps my engine nice and chilly
            Just the name Porsche sounds like it would be more expensive than even a new Festiva auto radiator or an aftermarket honda one. (my aluminum aftermarket honda radiator was $100 on Ebay).
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

125$?? :?
              Ian Carr
              88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
              99' S70 T5M- faster DD
              86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                Originally posted by project b6t
                Just the name Porsche sounds like it would be more expensive than even a new Festiva auto radiator or an aftermarket honda one. (my aluminum aftermarket honda radiator was $100 on Ebay).

100 bucks? thats not bad .... how dose it fit? and dose you car run any cooler?

Comment

I'll let you know when the swap is done.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

well im buying an aluminum honda rad anyway. 125 with shipping on ebay.. doesn't look to hard to make it work.. :idea:

Comment

I have a honda rad and a FAL fan going into the b6t car.

Comment

yea? sound like the only way,huh...

Comment

Working...
                        X