Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a how to thread for the bp swap to aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a how to thread for the bp swap to aspire?

I want to replace the engine in my 95 aspire auto and I have a good 1.3 but if a bp swap isn't too difficult I'd like to go that route for the extra hp.

what is in the details on such a swap? wiring issues, mounting, etc. I know you've been over this iooo times but I am ignorant in this process.

any and all guidence will be appreciated. I will be forwarding the info to my mechanic whos never done one of these swaps. hes a dmm good mechanic but if you've never done one .....well you've never done one.

I/he needs a detailed "how to" - if it makes a differance I'm in upstate SC if you have a 1.8 to sell or can help in any way with parts, etc.

oh, I do want to have a/c if that makes a dif.

if I go that route I have 2 94 aspire parts cars to trade stuff for engine if you have a good one. like I said I have a good 1.3 with 122k miles on it to trade.

need this asap - he's pulling the engine now. you can email me at
    gichaeljor(@)charter.net
    Last edited by loknlode; 12-06-2011, 03:58 PM.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

there are on fordaspire.com. come check it out.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Or PM Nerd Racing!

He is, in my opinion, FF.com's Aspire expert when it comes to engine swaps.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        Or PM Nerd Racing!

He is, in my opinion, FF.com's Aspire expert when it comes to engine swaps.
        Oooohh, good to know.....
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^^ na not an expert, just have some experience in the matter. Overburn on there has some experience as well.
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

An expert in aspire abortions maybe...
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Loknlode- you may wnt to post you location in your sig so anyone that may have the stuff you need will know how far away you are! Otherwise, they may not bother to speak up.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                there are on fordaspire.com. come check it out.

tried there but they must think they are too good for festiva members. they wouldn't let me register.

jeez, you own an aspire and you're stuck up? LOL fo sho
                admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

I think nerd racing is an administrator on fa.com, so he could help you out to get logged in

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

For now check out this link:

It will give you a bit of info on how to do it on a Festiva, which should be very similar, especially since your Aspire's are OBD1.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

the original forums have closed down for some reason or another, but there is a new site. I have the link on my home computer, I'll post it up here as soon as I get home. Also... of all the things i may be, stuck up is not one of them.

Facebook Me!

Comment

that will get you to the new aspire boards. there is a link to the old boards too.

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                        X