X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twopass
    replied
    If you go the WALMART Route be sure to look at the label it has the maker
    some of the same batteries come from 2 different factories be sure to buy from
    JOHNSON CONTROLS, not from Exide

Leave a comment:

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    As you well know, most who call themselves "Christians" are not!
    I have noticed that those not calling attention to their religious affiliation are far more "Christian" than those who make all the noise about being a "Christian"!
    Jesus noticed the same thing...........and was crucified because of it.
    (Except, obviously, in his time they called themselves righteous and holy)

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixSHO
    replied
    First CCA stands for cold cranking amps.

Colder the engine , more it will take of it , bigger the engine , same deal.

So unless its doing -30 degs , I wouldnt sweat it.

On a side note , the Walcrap Energizers are really good , I had some of those in my 7.3 powerstroke and they are tough.

Leave a comment:

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
    I can tell you why he said that... he wanted to sell you a battery!
    Actually, I don't think he's that enthusiastic about sales....he suggested I go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheaper one, LOL.

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Generally, azone and advance only hire people with 0 real life experience with vehicles, so they can teach them to say things like that..
    LOL, I've applied for a part time job there 3 times and never even got a call. I would have thought that someone with a Mechanical Engineering background, 25+ years experience working on cars and 20+ years experience in Industrial Power Transmission distribution, customer service, sales and management would be qualified to sell spark plugs and oil filters on the weekend for $7.00/hr.

Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
    He was probably the kid the shop teacher sent to the parts store to pick up blinked fluid and a v-belt for a sparkplug drive. Lol
    Funny you should say that...the local High School auto shop teacher used to work there part time. My oldest my brother went in to order a cable adapter kit to attach the TV cable on a Ford AOD transmission to a standard Holley 4Bbl carb. The guy told my brother that he never adjusts the TV cable on Ford AOD transmissions. He just zip-ties the lever in the forward position and "never has any problems". Against my explicit warnings, my brother took his advice and several days later burnt the transmission up.

I went in once to get a new thermostat for my truck and asked for a 180* instead of the factory 195*. The guy helping me said that switching to a lower temp thermostat would not change the temp that the engine runs at, it would just take it longer to warm up.

There are actually a few knowledgeable guys that work there, but
    the rest are just accidents waiting to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    You can ask for "out of date" batteries at most mcparts stores. They don't have the long warranty but are alot cheaper.

I just bought a new out of date battery for my exploder and it was $35
    Excellent idea, especially if you get an over sized battery!
    I like the 800+ CCA group whatever size.
    Because a festiva has such a small demand on a battery this size, they last a long time provided your charging system is OK.
    Besides, that warranty is only worth 10 - $20, at most, if your in the last few years of it anyway.
    If you saved $50 on the battery then your still ahead of the game!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Sad but true.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
    .... X2 on most of this and the others too. :thumbup: It provokes me when other neighbors wont help others, especially in these difficult times like ours. All I can say it's not very Christian. :nono:
    I have noticed that those not calling attention to their religious affiliation are far more "Christian" than those who make all the noise about being a "Christian"!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    ^ Smart

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    You can ask for "out of date" batteries at most mcparts stores. They don't have the long warranty but are alot cheaper.

I just bought a new out of date battery for my exploder and it was $35

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I ran a used motorcycle battery in my festiva, and then in a civic. No issues.

Leave a comment:

• georgeb
    replied
    The regulator only senses voltage drop, not CCA.

Leave a comment:

• gorgonheimer
    replied
    A dead battery will cause overcharging, but a smaller than required wont. The smaller unit can cause issues with cranking speeds or duration, but once started the car only runs @ 30-60 amps. Unless u have boom boom, then all bets are off.

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    He was probably the kid the shop teacher sent to the parts store to pick up blinked fluid and a v-belt for a sparkplug drive. Lol

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    .... Even that is a little stiff, I think!! :eeeeeek:

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
    $117 is too much anyways. Should be $100 tops.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    replied
    $117 is too much anyways. Should be $100 tops.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X