JY scores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JY scores!

Went to the Raceway JY over in IL today, looking for an Aspire downpipe for Danny. Someone had cut off the cat connector and welded a straight pipe in place of the cat, which I need to correct to pass safety (visual emissions check requires a cat be there).

So, for $45 I got:
    the downpipe ($33 - $108 at Rock Auto)
    lower half of an Aspire speedo cable ($16 - $19 at Rock Auto)
    a 12" Festiva steelie with very good tire, for a spare spare (JY charges $16 for 12 or 13 inch tire/wheel)
    a Festiva tow hitch! The kind that bolts to the two tiedown hooks. Square tubing, well-made.

So not counting the tire and rim, I paid $29 for all the rest!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

wow a hitch....i want one ....great pull.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Is a hitch hard to find? Three of the festivas by me have them in the jy...
      1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
      1991 Manual Ford Festiva
      1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklabels View Post
        Is a hitch hard to find? Three of the festivas by me have them in the jy...
        Grab 'em all, you will find plenty of buyers! Try to get the trailer wiring too.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

i would be in for one. as long it is a towhook to towhook one.
          93 Festiva L White B6T
          99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
          89 Festiva Blue
          91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
          93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
          93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

Whats the best way to remove them?
            1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Id be in it for 1 if the price is right.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

I'm down for a hitch! Let me know what you'd want to get it shipped when you figure out if you want to pull them!

The easiest way would be to cut the bolt heads or nuts off with a torch or grinder and pop the old bolts out with a hammer/screwdriver. If your state has decent rust free cars the you could get them off with the right size 1/2" socket and breaker bar/ratchet.
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Alright well ill plan on going this week some morning for ya guys ill post up pics and price when i see how much they cost for you guys.
                  1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

and btw my state does have rust problems i wont pull them if they look like junk.
                    1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Blacklabels, if they look like junk, please take pictures. If it's the U-Haul hitch, I want it regardless.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                        Blacklabels, if they look like junk, please take pictures. If it's the U-Haul hitch, I want it regardless.
                        Alright sounds good. There is like 7 festivas and 10 aspires at the jy i go to.
                        1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Originally posted by blacklabels View Post
                          Alright sounds good. There is like 7 festivas and 10 aspires at the jy i go to.
                          Lucky... all the jy's around here just automatically crush the festivas and keep aspires for only a few weeks. I had to ask one to save any festivas they come by but by the time I did they never have gotten any since.

Comment

Ya sad thing about all the festivas there all L's and only one of them was a LX. Last time i was there they had a pretty much rust free 1992 L with 68k miles and on top of the car mark good engine and trans... Really clean inside car aswell.
                            1991 Manual Ford Festiva

Comment

Would've been better to see it at a used car lot!
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                              X