Family: Audi S6 Avant Quattro
      SUV: MB G-Wagon

Go ahead and adjust the years to equal 100k
      1963 Ford F-100
      1992 Ford Festiva
      2006 Audi A4
      2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Comment

2001 Mercedes SL500 with AMG package and 7 speed tranny in Black of course
        2001 Gunmetal Gray Mazda 3 with factory smoked tail light option
        1980 Ford Bronco

Oh wait...

.....I think I passed the $100,000 mark a bit :p

....and maybe made the "Oldest Thread of the Day" award!
        Last edited by drddan; 10-04-2012, 03:21 AM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Caterham 7 Superlight R300 W/ Honda F20C
          2005 Subaru Forrester XT
          2005 Ford F-250 Regular Cab 7.3L with Manual Trans.

Comment

Well seeing as he didn't stipulate i had to keep these cars ... I'd do some research into the most sought after new cars/trucks/suvs... buy three that totaled as close to 100k as possible and wait the 10-14 days to get the titles back on them... sell them... buy a festiva... buy another festiva... take it to euro and have it custom built

Comment

Originally posted by LoneManWolf View Post
              Well seeing as he didn't stipulate i had to keep these cars ... I'd do some research into the most sought after new cars/trucks/suvs... buy three that totaled as close to 100k as possible and wait the 10-14 days to get the titles back on them... sell them... buy a festiva... buy another festiva... take it to euro and have it custom built
              Now that's thinking with your dipstick.

X2 but I'd then import 2 four door Festivas (1 hatch and 1 sedan) do up the hatch and then grab an early 80s Chevy pickup to have a hauler.

Live comfortably with the rest for a couple years, still working of course.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                Now that's thinking with your dipstick.

X2 but I'd then import 2 four door Festivas (1 hatch and 1 sedan) do up the hatch and then grab an early 80s Chevy pickup to have a hauler.

Live comfortably with the rest for a couple years, still working of course.
                Gotta read the fine print! Your left-overs get donated but I like the idea:
                A four door festiva
                A Festiva
                and a Festiva converted into a truck
                I think I'd have lots of left over money :p
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^But there wouldn't be many leftovers that would concern the agreement. That's the genius of LMW's scheme. You push it to the limit with sought after vehicles, sell the cars, and buy what you really want with the payout.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

1. Sports: someone's 1973 Datsun 510 project that's nicely finished in a pretty blue, with a nice ~200 hp 2 L DOHC

2. 4 door family: import a 2000 model Festiva or Pride four door sedan or wagon with low miles in perfect shape

3. SUV: 1970 Checker Marathon wagon in dark blue with V8 (it's SUV sized!)

I estimate the following costs:

Nicely done 510 sports coupe: around $30K
                    Imported four door Pride (with European trip to hand pick one): under $10K
                    Pristine Checker wagon: around $20K

Max total would probably be around $60 to maybe $75K. Lots of moolah left over for cheeeeeeeeese!

Oooo, I love old boxy practical cars!

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Wagon love! I like! Cool Datsun too!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        1. Sports: someone's 1973 Datsun 510 project that's nicely finished in a pretty blue, with a nice ~200 hp 2 L DOHC

2. 4 door family: import a 2000 model Festiva or Pride four door sedan or wagon with low miles in perfect shape

3. SUV: 1970 Checker Marathon wagon in dark blue with V8 (it's SUV sized!)

I estimate the following costs:

Nicely done 510 sports coupe: around $30K
                        Imported four door Pride (with European trip to hand pick one): under $10K
                        Pristine Checker wagon: around $20K

Max total would probably be around $60 to maybe $75K. Lots of moolah left over for cheeeeeeeeese!

Oooo, I love old boxy practical cars!

Karl
                        I know where a 510 shell is sitting. I would LOVE to own that shell... *sigh* apartment living...
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Apartment living, condo living, even house with small garage and yard living doesn't do a lot for keeping these beauties.

You really need one of these:

Or this one:

Actually, if I had a nice one of those, my cars budget wouldn't have to be that large.

Karl

Comment

Renault 5 GT Turbo - Low Mileage $15,000.00

AMC Eagle - $1,000.00

International 1954 Snub-nose - $???

And I'd never spend a dime on cheese again!

Comment

I love that old variegated International truck!! What a hauler!!

Karl

Comment

Yeah, I'd buy it mostly to haul the other two when they break down :p

Comment

Working...
                                X