titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• titles

well I just bought another non Festiva car, a 1982 Mercedes-Benz 300DT Sedan. this is the first vehicle I've ever bought with an out of state title. the title foo
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

the title is from Louisiana and I'm registering it in Virginia for temporary tags while I move to Baltimore. do I need it notarized to transfer the registration to a Virginia title (they do notarizations in Louisiana but not in VA)
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Wait until you get settled in MD before you title it. No notary or bill of sale on cars older than 7 years. Make sure title is clear and signed.

Comment

I know when I bought a Festy from MD I had 24 hours to drive it from MD to Ohio without a title. Called all the states in between and they all said yes...you can drive the car for 24 from time of purchase to get it where it belonged with no penalty. There was no Notary stamp on it till I transferred the title.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

a notary is not mandetory, however, if the seller doesnt know where to sign it, it would be best to take it to the notary and have them direct him and witness that he signed it, so there is no hitches when you get to your state and do the transfer. You also have to do the state inspection within a certain amount of time.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            I know when I bought a Festy from MD I had 24 hours to drive it from MD to Ohio without a title. Called all the states in between and they all said yes...you can drive the car for 24 from time of purchase to get it where it belonged with no penalty. There was no Notary stamp on it till I transferred the title.
            Did this include Pennsylvania?
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              Did this include Pennsylvania?
              yes it did.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Hoping to have the title straightened out Monday or Tuesday of this week and tags and insurance subsequently... now to figure out what to do with the Festivas until I can work on them more
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                Projects in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                  Hoping to have the title straightened out Monday or Tuesday of this week and tags and insurance subsequently... now to figure out what to do with the Festivas until I can work on them more
                  Loan them to me...
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

no idea how to get them to you since you're south of me and I'm going north
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    Projects in the works:

Comment

Also in MD: Historic tags, one-third the price, no insp, no emissions.

Comment

^^^ Good thinking, as I won't be using the second MB as much once I get it up there... I'm going to title it temporarily so I can get tags together for the trip to MD... I don't have any spare tags laying around that are "legal"
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        Projects in the works:

Comment

I want a 300D engine.

Comment

I've got one in my 84 300D and a second one in my 82 300D... can't wait for it warm up again so I can get into sanding the paint off the 82 and repaint it (it's horrid) but from what I've seen there's no rust...
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            Projects in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                              I've got one in my 84 300D and a second one in my 82 300D... can't wait for it warm up again so I can get into sanding the paint off the 82 and repaint it (it's horrid) but from what I've seen there's no rust...
                              Mediablasting FTW. :evil4:
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                              X