So i said good-bye to the KJ Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i said good-bye to the KJ Protege

Lately i haven't gotten anywhere with my KJ swap, i needed to put more time/money into it to get it running right, which i was willing to do but was going to have to wait til after the holidays

So while on clubprotege, the member Durwood, who was the guy i got the P5 from in the first place, was getting sick and tired of his car, and i know he is quite capable of finishing the swap, so i asked if he wanted to trade back and he said yes

So here i present my new (to me) 89' 323 GT, please excuse the dirt, it was raining on the way home last night

Ironically enough, the cylinder head is the exact same one that was in my festiva at one point lol

This 323 has 481xxx KMS on it (roughly 300k miles) :shock: but by looking at the body, you would never know, there is very minimal rust on it, i have some repair work to do to the rad support, but thats it

It will need a new engine since the current one has bad piston rings but it does still run.... so i am debating what to do, get another B6T to keep it with it's heritage, find a BP and turbo it as a nice upgrade, or swap in the KL i have sitting on my engine stand, whatever i do, it won't be til after the holidays anyway

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

LOL you can't hang onto cars, can you ?? :p

It's a GT, it's rare, keep it B6T... maybe go BP. You could KL swap *any* other 323 sedan...

Was really looking forward to seeing your KJ swap finished though.

Anyways, welcome back to the B6T world!
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Oh just keep an eye out on cp.com i'm sure Durwood will finish the swap and i told him to make sure he posts a good driving video of it when its done as well lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

congrats on the purchase!!!

i agree with wanting to keep the heritage

thats the reason why i bought my gtx.

Comment

Never seen one of those , great buy.

Comment

Thanks, I think there was only like 1300 total in Canada and U.S. combined, which I believe makes them more rare then a GTX

Comment

Nice find. Love the wheels and stance of that car .
              New build on the way .

Comment

nice ride chris, i saw one on cl in sarasota fl. last wk 4500.00 !!!! same color as yours congrats
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Thanks, I think there was only like 1300 total in Canada and U.S. combined, which I believe makes them more rare then a GTX
                  I want to say it was like 8 or 900 total, it was less than the GTX

GTX were 1,243 in north America IIRC
                  1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                  High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                  Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

^^^you could be right matt, i just couldnt remember the exact stats lol

Comment

i miss my old gt... and i miss the money i got for it... i got to stop spending so much lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

And some interior pics..... i'm honestly surprised how good condition the seats are in considering the high mileage on them

Comment

Sweet ride Kid!
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

You gunna have to change your signature. Welcome to the 323 turbo club. I love just looking at my gtx's!!!
                            Ford Fester

Comment

Lol ya I do gotta change my sig for sure, I'll get to it though

Comment

Working...
                              X