Mercury Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Festiva?

Found this video and was wondering if anyone had any pics of a mercury festiva like what the emblems look like? If not I'm thinking of making my own.

pretty sure it still says ford.

I find it odd but common for the brands to be interchanged depending on location in the world. I saw a Ford Cougar (98-02 style) in a race with a ford focus RS and a ford formula car which is actually a funny vid btw on youtube. But just goes to show it's possible
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Karl had the idea for making a custom mercury manx version of a festiva. I thought it was brilliant because of the mercury thing with cats - cougar, lynx,.... manx! Cougar is bigger than a lynx, which is bigger than the manx. Makes a lot of sense to me!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Apparently, Mercury Festivas were MUCH faster in the corners.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
          Karl had the idea for making a custom mercury manx version of a festiva. I thought it was brilliant because of the mercury thing with cats - cougar, lynx,.... manx! Cougar is bigger than a lynx, which is bigger than the manx. Makes a lot of sense to me!
          do you know if he ever did it?

Comment

No, he didn't.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I'm working on it.

Gonna make Luxstiva into a "Mercury Mynx."

Feel free to do your own. Since I'm lazy and not likely to get this done before Armageddon, you can feel free to steal my idea!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X