What's the best tire pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best tire pressure gauge?

I've been using a Victor round gauge for the past several months. I had been using a Slime digital for awhile. I also bought a Victor round gauge with bleed button this morning at Wal-Mart when I took in my Estrellas to get the 175/60 Falkens put on.

When I got home, I checked the pressure after putting them on my car. I used both my round gauges; old and new. They were several pounds apart! As I was going to Advance to pick up an order, I tried several from in there, including another digital gauge, a pencil gauge and another one. All were different.

Okay, so where do I get a REALLY REALLY ACCURATE tire pressure gauge? How do we know that our gauges are accurate, anyway?

Anyone have any answers? I really would like my tire pressures to be + or - at least one psi, preferably + or - one-HALF psi or better!!

Or is this a pipe dream?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

I like the gages from jegs, pretty good price and accurate, that's what i use with my race car and they have them on sale http://www.jegs.com ,but I keep a cheap slime digital gage in my dd not sure how accurate it is put i like that is digital (easy to read)

Comment

Thanks William. I will probably check that out some morning since there's a Jegs close by my work.

I'm kinda liking this one:

But the one from Jegs is cheaper and I can look at it and maybe try it out first. Might have to spend more than the usual five to ten bucks to get a good gauge!

One from Summit, digital:

Free Shipping - Summit Racing SUM-900127 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Tire Pressure Gauges and Inflators at Summit Racing.

And anther from Summit:

Free Shipping - Longacre Racing Products 52-50401 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Tire Pressure Gauges and Inflators at Summit Racing.

One more from Summit; a Moroso:

Free Shipping - Moroso Tire Pressure Gauges with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Tire Pressure Gauges and Inflators at Summit Racing.

Karl
      Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-19-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Another from Jegs, which I wouldn't have to pay shipping on since I could pick it up:

Get the Best Performance with QuickCar Racing GLO Tire Pressure Gauge 0-60 psi. 56-062 parts at JEGS. Shop Now at the Guaranteed Lowest Price!

I like the rubber cover and the "glo" feature for in the dark use. As long as it's accurate!

Has anyone used any of these products or know anything about them?

Karl

Comment

This one is TPMS certified and the brand I use.
          .snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=96762&group_ID=1665 &store=snapon-store&dir=catalog
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I should have proofed that! Try again [url]Http://www.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=96762&group_ID=1665 &store=snapon-store&dir=catalog S
            Last edited by Movin; 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM. Reason: Trying to get link to work.

Comment

This is the one I use at work for cars with TPMS so I would hope its accurate enough lol

Comment

Image shown may not be actual
                product but represents product or set which includes product
                Test Gauge, Sight Glass

•Gauge is accurate enough to use for TPMS applications.
                •Rugged sight glass design for better durability and readability.
                •1% Master Gauge Accuracy, with certificate of accuracy included.
                •Durable Billet Machined 6061-T6 Aluminum body.
                •Dual Foot Budd Chuck.
                •10-160 PSI.
                •Unique comfort grip for easy use.
                •Can be calibrated in the field (Instruction included).

Product Specifications
                Stock # TGS1
                Name Test Gauge, Sight Glass
                Price** $99.95

Comment

^^^^^ I have the same snap on digital one as jodan and it is fantastic. The readings are dead on and consistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Long as the light stays off !! LOL

Comment

Thanks guys. I definitely don't want to pay over $90 so I may get one from Jegs: The Quickcar Racing GLO Model #56-062 one from 0 to 60 psi model. I'll keep it in a safe box and compare it with my other gauges which I can keep in the cars.

Karl

Comment

Look and see if the face comes off and there is a tiny adjusting screw under the the glass.
                        Even some really cheap gauges may have this. You can calibrate your own at the pressure you desire. If you drop a gauge it should be checked and adjusted.

Comment

Gotcha!

Thanks,

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Thanks guys. I definitely don't want to pay over $90 so I may get one from Jegs: The Quickcar Racing GLO Model #56-062 one from 0 to 60 psi model. I'll keep it in a safe box and compare it with my other gauges which I can keep in the cars.

Karl
                            Bring it to Madness so we can all calibrate our cheapo gauges!
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                            X