Aspire suspension availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire suspension availability

Folks in the Ottawa, Ontario region could have access to a complete but dying Aspire (has a blown transmission) that has tentatively been offered to me. I have already scavenged 2 Aspires and have no desire to get involved with the purchase of another one. However, should someone else wish to do a suspension swap, or maybe get their hands on a roller valve B3, contact me at vaningen@sympatico.ca.

As well I can also arrange to have the suspension removed via hoist/air tools and torches and then deal with getting rid of a 'limb-less' wreck. Lying on your back in a cold JY with only hand tools and a pry bar for spinning ball joints, stiff control arms, frozen/seized shock bolts and body bolts is nobody's idea of fun. And my torch-guy can make short work of superfluous parts and stubborn bolts.

Aspires and Festys are scarce as hen's teeth in this neck of the woods, by the way.

don't forget the brake swap!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

FestYboy: Discs/drums, brakes are generally inherent with a complete suspension are they not?

Comment

well not so much in the fromt, but it's implied with the rear axle.

as far a suspention goes though, that's JUST the parts that support and control the WEIGHT of the vehicle. so in your case it would just be the 4 struts (spring and shock assemblies). a brake swap implies the rear axle with drums and front knuckle assemblies (no suspention parts)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
        X