Headliner Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner Question

Hello all! I gave a couple buddies a ride home last night and as they got out I heard a aerosol can, then smelled PB Blaster, didn't think nothing of it. As I was on my way to work today I noticed that my headliner was covered in the stuff. Overnight it not only discolored it but started to eat into the material. :cry_smile: So I ask is it possible to get a reproduction, or do I have to find a good used one? This stinks cause I HAD a perfect headliner, no rips, tears, or cig burns... I did wipe the stuff off but it was to late after 8 hours..
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Well Mike, if you would like a replacement, I can keep an eye out for you at junkyards, I don't know anything that would get it off. BTW, you have to have an 88-89 headliner, those are the thin fabric for the manual seat belts. The later ones are a hard piece for the auto belts.
    -Josh R

Comment

sounds like your "buddies" owe you a new headliner... any upolstry shop should be able to give you an estimate for the damage.

isn't it nice to know that your "friends" don't respect you even after you give them a ride that you weren't required to give?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yeah, let's say I used a few creative words once I found it. The thing was I had the PB Blaster on the floor and they mustve stepped on it spraying upwards. If you could keep your eye open for me that would be awsome. Up here if a festy manages to make it to the junk yard it's crushed right-away . I can't hold it completly against them but gorsh dangit was I ticked at first. We do have a local guy who I could probably have look at it. I'll have to see. Would be really nice to have original material. Still can't believe after 22 years the first blemish in the headliner comes under my ownership :cry_smile:.
        Thanks, Mike
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Well my Festiva gave me a Christmas present today, the spot that got sprayed with PB apperently absorbed the stain.
          Mike Holmgren
          Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

So it's okay then?

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yup all is now well, it's faded to the point that I think I'm the only one who will notice it. I guess I should have waited to see if that would happen before posting, but I was so angry! lol.
              Thanks,
              Mike
              Mike Holmgren
              Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

I have a damn near perfect headliner still in car.. But it is a 1990

Comment

a festiva that fixes itself? i want one....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Right, I couldn't believe it. I figured for sure it was gunna stain. One more perk of my car I guess!
                    Mike
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN

Comment

yes, they are very resilient little cars. glad to hear it turned out ok.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                      X