does anyone know if this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know if this is

a decent deal....I do not have the inclination to build one myself but I think my car would benefit from it.

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

ebay is flooded with catch cans, you need to design a good crank case ventilation system to utilize one of these, there's lots of info on different types of plumbing arrangements on the miata sites

Comment

I would like more info on these as well. I have some blowby and find oil in my intake. PCV valve is good, too.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I just found oil in my intake tube as well but Im guessing 225,000 miles has something to do with it coupled with my over heating issue a month ago. plus i still have things i need to check and replace
        NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
        1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
        1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
        1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
        1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
        1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
        1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

The oil return from "upstairs" in the rocker area to "downstairs" in the oil pan is
          very restricted on these cars. Add 20 - 30 years of grudge that stays there..thick
          standard old 10 w 40 and winter temps. Oil will stack up upstairs and run into the intake tube. High RPM like an on ramp pumps oil up there faster.
          Run a crankcase cleaner and use 0 w 40 synthetic in the winter. Or year around. And yes, high mileage puts a "headwind" in that tight oil return chute !
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            a decent deal....I do not have the inclination to build one myself but I think my car would benefit from it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-HI...item27c1abb1d1
            I put that exact one on my B3 except silver color. The quality of the fittings and tubing is not the greatest, but it works very well. I wouldn't install it on a race or show car, but for the price I was pleased. Just the aluminum can is worth the money. You could always add better hardware.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

It sounds like I need to get cracking on things. I don't want to anything else retarded to this car I have a long list of those moments in my past I try really hard not to repeat.
              NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
              1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
              1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
              1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
              1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
              1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
              1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

Working...
              X