festy vs metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festy vs metro

anyone ever owned a geo metro 3 cylinder? dont kick me outta the club..haha i love my festiva. i saw one for sale on ebay and i wondered how well the little 3 runs.

i like the festy's shape much better and i think they ride a bit better than a metro also. i drove a 98 once it took the bumps harder i thought.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Back in 93 I drove both (new) at the dealers and bought the festiva. Easy decision, I liked the festiva better. Felt better, drives better, a bit quicker.

But I would drive one like this:

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

yeah so would i. its a looker for sure

but guess ill keep looking for another festy
      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I was suffered unto by a GeoMetro whilst I lived at home. It probably wouldn't have been so horrible if it had been a stick. They've got no power and the back windows pop open if you fart because the interior is so damn cramped.
        "Nothing's gonna grieve us
        When we drive Festivas
        I could go a hundred miles an hour
        Long as I got the Almighty Power
        With my plastic Jesus
        Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Originally posted by 4cylDreadnaught
          I was suffered unto by a GeoMetro whilst I lived at home. It probably wouldn't have been so horrible if it had been a stick. They've got no power and the back windows pop open if you fart because the interior is so damn cramped.
          And it's apparently sealed really well, too.
          In the beginning the Universe was created.
          This has made a lot of people very angry
          and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

[1989 B3 Ford Festiva L]

Comment

Originally posted by thewalrus
            Originally posted by 4cylDreadnaught
            And it's apparently sealed really well, too.

the sum'bitch would suck up roadkill skunk odor and hold it tighter than a 400lb guy in a M sized speedo.
            "Nothing's gonna grieve us
            When we drive Festivas
            I could go a hundred miles an hour
            Long as I got the Almighty Power
            With my plastic Jesus
            Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

i could never drive a 3 cylinder , i would feel like a guy with one ball... at least im not embarrassed to tell people when they ask if my car had 4 cylinders...

Comment

Yeah for a while I wanted a Metro/Swift. I was going to fix up the Festiva and the Metro/Swift to look alike. I wanted to find a Metro and swap the G13B turbo into it and build it. Then I wanted to get the Festiva a B6T and have two turbo micros.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

You guys crack me up.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! :lol: :lol:
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

My brother used to have a 1.0 3 cylinder Metro. It had the 5 speed and it was horribly under powered. To drive at interstate speeds(70-80), you basically had to put it in 4th and keep it floored all the time. If there were any moderately large hills or headwind, you could forget about being able to go that fast. Because of this, he never really got very good gas mileage.

He lives in the Chicago area and had to get a different car because he just couldn't accelerate fast enough on the on ramps to get up to speed with traffic.

It was pretty reliable however. I don't think he ever had any major problems with it.

Comment

damn that sucks... i knew i dident want a 3 cylinder..

Comment

if you feel the need for a three cylinder i would say a subaru justy is good...can find em in 4x4 if you look long enough.....and they have 75hp....1.2l engines....i almost bought one(2 wheel drive) instead of my festiva....

Comment

when i was in mass i saw a few justy 4x4 turbo for sale, before i knew i was going back to florida i was thinking how much fun one of those would be in the snow... :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                          X