• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deal or no deal?

91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Looks like a good deal. But shipping is pretty steep making it back to a normal deal :p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

It doesn't look like the control arm bushing are included. That would add to the cost as well.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

the front end of the car is starting to get wore out, the cv boots are cracked open and sprayed grease everywhere and there is practically no rubber left on ball joints. I figured i would just redo it all.
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Better get to it before the lca falls out.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

The jy charged me $35 for two lca's....
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Quick question about cv joints. The boot is ripped. Is it possible to just replace the boot or would i be better off just getting a new cv joint. At above 60 mph the car starts to vibrate. I read it could be because of these joints but they are not clicking yet. Tires were just balanced alignment is decent.
              Last edited by Chobobulous; 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM.
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                The boot is ripped. Is it possible to just replace the boot or would i be better off just getting a new cv joint.
                Id replace the axle.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If no clicking, you MIGHT get away with replacing the boot, if you know how. Generally speaking, replacing the axle at about $70 is a better option, since you have to take the thing out already.

I would say this was a good deal, including shipping cost, IF, I repeat, IF, the parts are comparable to US quality.

Interested in being a guinea pig for the forum? At 1 bill, you could do worse.....and we would all appreciate the heads up
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

so my parts just came in, i opted for this instead because it came with all new bolts.

Just waiting for the struts to come in, Anybody know what ill be doing this weekend?

95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X