Towing Transporting A Festiva on a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Transporting A Festiva on a trailer

If I were to tow a Festiva on a trailer where would you secure the tow straps to on the vehicle's front end.

I know the rear has the 2 tow hooks that u can use as a secure point, but as far as the front goes, pop the grille off and strap up and over and the bumper and support an back to the D rin on the trailer? Is it that easy? Lol

I've tried searching but came up with nothing.

Hope this thread helps someone else too

Thanks for your input.
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

mine has tow hooks on front and rear
    1991 stiva.

Comment

or lca's either will work
      1991 stiva.

Comment

So I'm guessing yours doesn't have the front tow hooks on it anymore? If you're going to be towing it much I'd look for a set in the JY, most of them still have them installed. I think its 3 bolts in each one. I always use the four factory hooks when I'm trailering one.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

IMO LCA's would be a better bet than the tow hooks. hit a large enough bump and the suspenion could cycle causing the straps to come loose. just a little bit of advice i picked up from my 4x4 days

-W.F.
          Automotive Misfit

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_cogar View Post
            or lca's either will work
            Plus 3
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Ok cool LCAs it is, mine doesn't have the Tow hooks on her
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Are you sure? The tow hook are inside the engine bay. I cut mine off to make room for something.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

always try and strap the trailered vehicle around the axle/control arms, due the the fact that if you strap to the frame or body the up and down movement of the body over bumps and dips can loosen or break the straps.

Comment

Jim is correct, just when you strap over anything, make sure you not strapping down over brake lines or can rip them off or damage them. Same goes for the lower ball joints on the control arm, make sure the strap isn't trying to open the boot.

I have used the festiva hook spot, but strapped it down so it was more for forward/back motion prevention, rather than up and down. This prevented the straps from loosening.
                    The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I assumed they were under the bumper or on the exterior so I didn't loom inside the engine bay.

I'll get it figured out. Strapping the suspension is something I heard a while back also, that will be my first try.
                      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                      X