ASPIRE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPIRE question

Did Aspires have a sunroof option? I see one listed with one. Jus wondering if its after market?
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

I've seen two with them in the yard. One was obviously adapted from another car. The other looked either very professionally done or maybe a dealer installed option. It was just a "pop-up" one though, like the festiva ones. No slide back option. I want to get one and mod the hinges to work like the ones on wifey's old Fiero, where you could take it all the way off and store in the trunk
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^ just use a fiero one then... they're HUGE though and the seal system sucks but the view would be awesome.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ Already considered it but WAAAY to wide lol. That was a wide car and even on it the sunroof only left maybe 2 inches on either side. Might fit the festiva longways though :lol: I liked the one I found on a protege at the yard, but didn't feel like trying to retofit all the sliding mechanism into a festiva lol.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Ok another two questions....

Talked to the seller.He says he thinks its factory installed? And he says the owner before him.Whom he works with.Had a NEW tranny put in.And I asked him if he meant (REBUILT).And he said no new. Are these trannys even available NEW anymore? This car was pink & it got sprayed Flat Black.drool

Comment

PINK ASPIRE!

I'd be stripping the flat black and finding that old paint code!
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              where you could take it all the way off and store in the trunk
              My old festiva's sunroof was fully removable

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                PINK ASPIRE!

I'd be stripping the flat black and finding that old paint code!
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  My old festiva's sunroof was fully removable
                  Was it factory kid?

Comment

I believe all festiva sunroof's were dealer installed, either way i got the car with approx. 130k kms on it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Are you looking for a flip up or one that slides back inside?
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Gonna go check out this CL Aspire with a knocking motor

Are you looking for a flip up or one that slides back inside?
                        No I'm lookin at an Aspire tomorrow with Sun roof. Jus wondering how it got there? Guy says the tranny was NEW from dealer @ 30k ago. Not rebuilt but NEW ! Is he BSing me? That means it was purchased/installed @ 3 years ago. And its got a sunroof. Jus wondering if they came from factory thats all. I got a burning in my pocket.Its Aspire money! I''l keep you guys posted.Meeting the Dude @ 4 pm.

Comment

Bought it $325.00

Its got a new home
                          Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-12-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

NIIICE.. honestly I don't think there is such a thing as a "new" transmission 15 years later.. but I also wouldn't doubt a dealership or two might have an unused factory transmission laying around..? I suppose anything is possible really, say someone looked at a standard and wanted an auto, maybe they swapped it??? Nice score tho!
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

NIIICE.. honestly I don't think there is such a thing as a "new" transmission 15 years later.. but I also wouldn't doubt a dealership or two might have an unused factory transmission laying around..? I suppose anything is possible really, say someone looked at a standard and wanted an auto, maybe they swapped it??? Nice score tho!
                              Ya when I went to buy it the story had changed. He said the PO had it rebuilt. It feels very good,except down shifting into 3rd is NOTCHY. So I'll just baby those shifts. The car is pretty clean for these parts. I'm really thinking about putting Mckabe's old BP in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X