No announcement yet.

Aspire tranny in a Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had both cars and all their parts with you, can the aspire x-member be used as a whole instead bolted to the festiva frame?

I ask this because if you can step up to the aspire x-member some kia things might be useful as well
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      If you had both cars and all their parts with you, can the aspire x-member be used as a whole instead bolted to the festiva frame?

I ask this because if you can step up to the aspire x-member some kia things might be useful as well
      Kia is a different transmission is not it? I am curious if you can use kia x-member in festiva to mount a G-series transmission...
      rusEfi - DIY ECU
      93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

PS: how much longer are aspire axles? I wonder if me tightening the lug nut with kio rio strut minus two coils has popped the passenger axle out of transmission... it drips trans oil if I touch axle next to transmission with a finger
        rusEfi - DIY ECU
        93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

I just ordered axle seals too, if they are old they will seep when messed with.
          A festy should not need aspire axles, the axles are stretched the most when
          the lower control arm is straight.. paralleled to the bottom of the car. When
          lowered or raised the lower control arm pulls the bottom of the strut closer
          to the transmission and can bottom the inboard CV. You will hear and feel
          CV vibration. This isn't something to show your friends it can break stuff!
          You asked about camber adjustment in another thread and there is discussion
          there.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Damn, new seals did not help! We have replaced both and the passenger side is dripping exactly the way it was if I touch the axle - I guess I can say there is some vertical play in the passenger side axle, it's definitely different from the driver side... Wonder if that junkyard trans was not my luckiest pick? It was only 140k on it, count this play be caused by any issue with the trans?
            rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Working...
            X