X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small cars are making a come back

The Toyota Yaris

The Honda Fit

The yaris has a 1.3L and the fit 1.5L. To bad I don't like either company. I hope Mazda will come out with one soon.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

They're still "uplevelled" with options you can't delete and neither one is close to 2000 pounds. The Fit is about 2400 pounds and the Yaris models just barely bracket 2300 pounds. I like the looks of both but I don't like the specs of either. Too heavy and over-optioned.

(Hmmm, I just looked at the Yaris site and maybe it isn't standard with power windows. Maybe it ain't "overoptioned.")

I don't think there's anything under 2200 pounds any more. The Echo may have been around 2100 pounds, but it's gone.

Nothing really cheap and simple anymore. They all have to be "upscale."

I've long wanted a 2000 pound, 2 liter car with good suspension and no frills. The closest I'll come is what I'll make myself. My ideal engine for the Festiva would be a 2L all aluminum DOHC.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

karl what about this

Ian Carr
      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I've seen pix of that toyota in japan fixed up to look like a wrx...

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t

I've seen that before.. that thing is not practial and kinda dumb.. I'd own one if i was rich and wanted to play around.. and being faster then a cbr 600 doesn't impress me, i ride a gsxr1000 and i can tell you that thing wont stand a chance against me..

Comment

from what Ive been reading the fit has a pretty big aftermarket in japan i think mugen makes a supercharger it
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Here's my other little car.

1972 MG Midget. The Festiva almost looks big parked next to this.
              Curb weight = 1,701 lb
              Engine = 1275 cc 4 cyl, I think around 50 hp.
              length = 11' 4.5"
              width = 4' 5.5"
              height = 4' .25"

Nothing fast, but they are a blast to drive.

I currently have the engine/tranny out of the car as I'm replacing the clutch. I'm just waiting on a clutch slave cylinder(hopefully arriving either tomorrow or Wednesday) then I'll be putting it back together. Should be back on the road in a couple days.

Comment

japan has an great aftermarket parts for all there cars... its kind of a way around their legal system. in japan until just last year i think, they had a 250 HP restriction on all factory engines... this explains why no v8s are made in japan... most wouldnt make the cutoff. because of this the japanese companies invest millions on other performance upgrade like turbos and all that jazz
                -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

Nice Midget Gdawg! I love those triple wipers.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X