F5-20 S Transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F5-20 S Transmission?

Hope someone can tell me what type of tranny this is... :scratch: When I bought the JDM B5 for my 88 Festiva, the engine came with a transmission included. The only markings I can find on the case are "F5-20 S". It's a hydraulic transmission and that's the only reason I didn't install it as a unit with the 1.5L engine.
    1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
    1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
    2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
    2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

most likely just a normal F series tranny, if so, there's many other F series tranny's out there that are cable operated

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks for the info, definitely glad I didn't go through the troble of swapping it in for little gain in strength.
      1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
      1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
      2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

Since We're on transmission names here... I know you have the G5mr, the G25mr, what are the codes for the F and E series? something like F5MR and E5MR?

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Yup
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
          X