No announcement yet.

How Reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check front wheel bearings, corrosion on brake and fuel lines, clutch function, engine health, and any really bad rot.

If you have somewhere to work on the car that would be best. If you already have most basic tools, that's better.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Well I will definitely keep my eyes open this summer after I get some more cash as I would love to drive one of these little guys!

Comment

Remember Poot, you don't have to own one to come to a meet! That way you could get a first hand look at all sorts of Festivas and Aspires and have immediate access to all your questions.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Remember Poot, you don't have to own one to come to a meet! That way you could get a first hand look at all sorts of Festivas and Aspires and have immediate access to all your questions.

Karl
          Good point!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X