'91 Festiva L didn't hit reserve @ $2700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 Festiva L didn't hit reserve @ $2700

Did you all catch that white '91 Festy on Ebay w/ 73k miles?
    How often does a Festiva hit almost $2800.00 and still doesn't reach the reserve price?

Seen it at 1800, who the heck is bidding that high??
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      People who realize they can get an average 220k miles at 45mpg for that price....aka smart people. If I was a betting man I would lay a pile of money on it that the bidders own one, used to own one, or their family member owns one. That is some festiva experienced bidders there.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

If I had the money I'd consider dropping $3K on a 73K mile Festiva in perfect shape and needing nothing. It might have to be an LX or GL model though.

Two keys to the above are:

1. Being able to inspect the car myself.
        2. Having the spare money!!

PS: It would remain stock for maybe one or two years.

Karl
        Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM.
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          Maybe his friends are bidding it up to give the illusion that it is worth that much.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think someone posted somewhere that the engine area (around the shock towers) looked a little rusty. The car is in Texas, but previous owners were
            in Penn. & Ohio. I've learned my lesson with an old MB 300TD. NEVER,EVER buy a car on Ebay without an inspection

Comment

^ Ironically, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this site pay $3000.00 for a stock Festiva.

Comment

True, it's people who know that they are great but aren't wrench or web savvy.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                X