'77 Celica GT, Buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '77 Celica GT, Buy???

My wife wants a "muscle car", and a guy out here's got a '77 Celica GT for sale. Mind you, she wants the look, not necessarily the actual Mustang, GTO, Camaro, etc. kind of car. I figure this'll do it, but I thought I'd mention it here and see who would give what for it (in real money) if THEY were in a position (and wanted) to buy it. This is the only pic I have, but I'll be going to see it tomorrow if things pan out.

And this is probably what it looked like new...
    Last edited by DriverOne; 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

those & older supras are bringing good money!!! shed be happier with a muscle car bpt festy
    Last edited by kumalaba; 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM.
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Note the hatch window "shades." Nifty.

Parts availability? Looks like a lot of work, depending on what it needs and what she wants.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
        those & older supras are bringing good money!!! shed be happier with a muscle car bpt festy
        She's got a cream-puff '90 L+! I'm rebuilding the B3 (No everybody, she wants a B3, and to keep it stock,) and I'll be blasting & powdercoating the steelies, as well as having the trim rings and caps chromed! Well, one aftermarket part I had to put on was a chrome exhaust tip. Nothing major, just to round off the trim package.

Muscle car Festy? Hm.... I need some 13" Cragars.
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Note the hatch window "shades." Nifty.

Parts availability? Looks like a lot of work, depending on what it needs and what she wants.

Karl
          I picked up the first issue of Retro Rides that has a lot of parts for older imports. This will not be cheap, but even if we don't keep it, I think this one will still turn a profit. That is, if he doesn't already want $1,000...
          Last edited by DriverOne; 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
            I'm rebuilding the B3 (No everybody, she wants a B3, and to keep it stock,)
            Nobody has to know you put a b6 in there
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I would say that if she wanted that car, then go for it, but don't pay more than $800. It looks like it needs new tires, probably some engine work and rust control. If you are willing to invest a total of $2000 or a bit more than go for it. It looks like you can save the paint though with a good cut polish, hard to tell though.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

I love the looks of the old Celicas!
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

dooo it!
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

no more than 700 for that car... it needs LOTS of rust/rot repair and TLC.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've always liked the looks of those. Get it cheap and be prepared to invest.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I'll let everyone know what happens. I'll take my digicam and get some much better pics.

Comment

I used to have a 73 st and a 74 gt. Tons of parts available and support at those sites. Shop around for a car in better shape though.
                          Oscar

Comment

Thanks, Perucho! I still want to go see it. I've never seen one up close before. Hm... *checks eBay & craigslist*

Comment

Scratch that! I found the same car my brother sent me the pic of, and he wants $800! It's trash!

Comment

Working...
                              X