Picked up some new Kia toys today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up some new Kia toys today

pictar of the goodies I got, he didn't even charge me for this stuff, I told him "I grabbed the steering wheel, intermittent wiper switch, and dash cluster" and he's like "aah that's alright.." and only charged me for the transmission. I love that place!

now who wants to bet wether or not I can make the instrument cluster work in my 94 aspire?! LOL.....

also got the axels, crossmember, both front hubs/calipers/brakes, the sway bar(s), throttle cable, and clutch cable, washer fluid pump,....I probably won't be able to do anything with most of it, but who knows what else I could use it for! It was a productive day IMO and you wouldn't believe what he charged me for all this stuff lol.......
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

the cluster needs a port for the speedo cable or it won't work. other than that the electronics should be easy.

nice score.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The rio tranny has an electronic sending unit thing for the speedo... so I'm hoping I can jerry rig something up to make it work lol.. it's gonna be a wiring NIGHTMARE! but it's gonna be fun

I got the sockets that plug into the back of the cluster, and clipped 6-8" off so I have something to splice into if the pinouts aren't the same type. I need an EVTM manual for an early 02 rio, or some way of getting the wiring diagrams. My stack of books for this project is already like 10" thick.

Also, the Rio wiper stalk has wires comming out more like a festy/aspire, so it should be alot easier to wire up than the 626 switch was. I don't have a use for this wheel or switch, but maybe someone else will someday, or if I was to buy a festy in the future.........
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That cluster looks like it will install just lke the Aspire one, based on where the mounting points are. Sure hope so. Would be a good source of cool clusters for non-SE Aspire owners.

Let us know about this, and what you have to do to make the cluster play nice with the Aspire harness.
        EDIT: this might help; has tach wire color: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...s.asp~TID~7864
        Last edited by TominMO; 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea that's what I'm hoping for. It looked so close I have to try it ya know... if it works I'll mess around and see if I could swap the aspire speedo with it.

O, the rio also has a power antenna so I'm gonna grab that when I get a chance. Looks like it will swap with my Aspire antenna...that's a problem for a later date tho.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 02-07-2012, 08:35 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Awesome deal !!! It even comes with 3/4 tank of gas . Haha
            If you look real close on the back of that cluster everything is labeled ,just place wires in correct location . Im not sure if it fits yet I have been working with wire and looking through diagrams ..
            New build on the way .

Comment

nice.. if those diagrams are online hook me up! lol... I want to hook up some juice to it just to see how many miles it's got on it. it would also be the same amt of miles on my tranny... I don't know if that's built into the odometer or the ecu puts that out tho?
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
              X