I must find these people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must find these people.

We've been driving our Festiva for a couple months now.. and every so often we'll get a comment or more..

A few weeks back my mom was driving it and pulled up at a local gas station, the lady asks:

"How do you like your Festiva?"

She tells her she likes it and that's it's running pretty well.. Then the lady says "My dad has like a hundred of those." She narrowed it down to 10 or 20, but still. Where's he finding them all?

Then I was at a 'yard a few days ago, and someone next to me says "My dad has 12 of those sitting in his front yard." I ask if he wants to spare a 5-speed, and he says "Naw, he hasn't run any of them in years, but he won't let one go."

How many people in Indiana have mass hordes of Festivas?

.....I must find these places.....

~Spike

Edit: None of the local Festiva drivers wave, they just stare. I think we're driving what they wanted as a parts car.
    Last edited by Spike; 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

People tend to hoard cars. There's a guy in south-central Ohio with 50 (yes, we counted and even numbered each one) Mercury Capris sitting in a field. I've been there, we tried to work out a deal to purchase them. Most were junk, and the ones that were decent were rapidly deteriorating, because he didn't take care or cover any of them. On top of that he wanted *way* too much for them.

Same deal - didn't really want to part with any of them, or really sell any parts. "I'm going to fix them up someday!" When!?!

I just don't get it.

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
      People tend to hoard cars. There's a guy in south-central Ohio with 50 (yes, we counted and even numbered each one) Mercury Capris sitting in a field. I've been there, we tried to work out a deal to purchase them. Most were junk, and the ones that were decent were rapidly deteriorating, because he didn't take care or cover any of them. On top of that he wanted *way* too much for them.

Same deal - didn't really want to part with any of them, or really sell any parts. "I'm going to fix them up someday!" When!?!

I just don't get it.

I think that you have a responsibility to sell cars that you haven't touched in five years. You can't do anything to it, and you won't. Note: Hoarders often found that just having pictures of the item was sufficient to help cure them of their obsession.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I spy a nice looking 1st gen w-body Prix!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

I went to get my title signed by the PO of my Fiesta. I pulled up to his house and he had three festivas sitting there. He informed me he just sold three running festivas for 100 bucks just to get them out of his yard. UGH! I need to stop by there again
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
            I spy a nice looking 1st gen w-body Prix!
            Thanks! Gen "1.5" some call it, the 94-96 years were bastard children, lol (mines a '95). It's been my daily driver for a few years now.

The guy was cool car-things aside, he let us camp in the field with a fire and everything. The trip was a blast, but just very frustrating to see all these poor cars rotting
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
            X