Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Belize "the answer" to importing Prides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Belize "the answer" to importing Prides?

Or at least, "one answer?"

According to this link:

here in the Philippines there are only 2 types available the pride hatch and sedan

The Kia Pride wagon was "sold only in Europe" but can also be found in Belize (formerly British Honduras, and "the only country in Central America where English is the official language"):

"The Kia Pride wagon is one of the few unique modifications Kia Motors did to the Kia Pride, Sold only in Europe, it can be found from Spain, the Germanic lands to Belize. it was said this models were intended only for the european market, but who knows, a filipino there can buy one as I see in some are also found in Turkey, the price of used pride wagons range from 25,000 to 100K pesos if converted to Philippine currency there engines are all fuel injected B3 gasoline engines."

Belize is on the east coast of Central America:

Here are a couple maps for ya to clearly show location:

Physical map of Belize showing major cities, terrain, national parks, rivers, and surrounding countries with international borders and outline maps. Key facts about Belize.

And here's our State Department's site for Belize:

I haven't read all this yet so I'll let you all study it.

My idea is that we might get cheaper ground (rail?) transport to import some cars from this country since it is connected to our continent instead of overseas. Or maybe since they are pretty close to Florida over the water, shipping would be cheaper? I have no idea.

Plus, their official language being ENGLISH, it may be easier to communicate with them, etc.

Anyone ever been there? I think it's a common tourist destination. It's relatively close. It may be a cruise ship stop, etc.

What are the possibilities?

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-09-2012, 12:06 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

i think you are definitly on to something sir!
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

did i help this idea hummm lol
      1991 stiva.

Comment

Karl I believe they have to be 25 years old to legally bring them into the US.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Too good to be true
          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

belize is expensive , Just to fly there from Maryland and spend a week at a room is $1600-2000 a person. I got rich buddies that go there to dive. Its too rich for my blood. By the time you add in all the cost of going, staying and finding cars and getting them shipped I dont think you could make any money do it Plus if you "get lost" wandering around you better have friends on seal team 6 to come get your sorry ass,
            money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

A friend at work is Libyan and his dad used to be a car importer/exporter there until Gaddafi took his land/etc. Anyway he was in America and is now back in Libya, they are fairly well respected in the Libyan government. He is wanting to start it up again so I keep planting little seeds to bring over some prides
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
              X