1992 plymouth lazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 plymouth lazer

Has anyone rebuilt the 1.8 in this car yet ? I'm looking into doing one this weekend and wondering if I should just find an engine or go for It ..
    Research shows this same engine was in the eagle talons as well . Does anyone have anything good to say about it ??
    New build on the way .

The Eagle Talon was a vehicle supported by Buschur Racing and Applied Technologies & Research of Fair Play, SC. I'm going to say that your chances are high for finding aftermarket support if necessary.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Its a dsm
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Anybody have proof there the same or know if the swap is direct bolt for bolt ?
        New build on the way .

Comment

Aftermarket support for the base 1.8?? No, my friend that's non existent. If you can find a running one. It would most likely be cheaper to swap, than to rebuild. Or just swap a 4g63t into it. And enjoy having the lightest of the dsm cars.

Comment

Yes, any 1.8 from a 1g dsm will be a direct bolt in.

Comment

So no ecu change or wire plugs won't work ? Direct bolt . Has anyone done this .
              New build on the way .

Comment

If your just doing the 1.8, then yes. Direct swap. The joy of dsms is that it all swaps.

Comment

So eagle talon to Plymouth laser is direct . Is there info on the bigger engine 2.0 or 2.2 whatever .how much is involved there ??
                  New build on the way .

Comment

It's a 2.0. That would entail a full harness and ecu swap. There is a whole sub forum on dsmtuners.com for the N/A cars.

Comment

All three cars are the same...talon laser eclipse. Identical cars.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

So does anyone have any information on how much can be shaved on a 1.8 dsm head ? My machine shop says it need 40 thou off to true it ??? I say its scrap now ...
                        New build on the way .

Comment

1992 plymouth lazer

Shadetree, I think you'd be best to join the tri-diamond star forums and seek your info there.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

^me speaky no mopar here, no comprende da penta star
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

So... slow get a turbo one if any! 4g63 ftw
                              :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Working...
                              X